Guess the Camera

mercer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 minutes ago, araucaria said:

Nah, I was talking about the G6 he has, not the FZ300.

BTW, the pocket would have looked better :p good job turning 4K into that :=)

No, I have the G7, I just picked up the FZ300 on the cheap as a family camera. So, I was messing around with it. It's actually better built than the G7. And yes, I was joking about pocket footage. In my hands, I could make the most perfectly exposed shot, with the strongest codec, crumble in post. Like I said, in better hands, the FZ300 could be a very useful little tool. 

hey merce!:)

great contribution. nice footage. funny thing, was thinking about a eoshd challenge: doin a little short with a FZ1000. I imagine, sensor and codec could hold a candle

to a G6. Got some nice footage out of that G6 with grading. Problem is, got a short done with my two mates and four actors, but just playing around too much

with Davinci. Unfortunately I got the best results with a by eye approach, so harder for me to reproduce the workflow on other projects.

14 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

hey merce!:)

great contribution. nice footage. funny thing, was thinking about a eoshd challenge: doin a little short with a FZ1000. I imagine, sensor and codec could hold a candle

to a G6. Got some nice footage out of that G6 with grading. Problem is, got a short done with my two mates and four actors, but just playing around too much

with Davinci. Unfortunately I got the best results with a by eye approach, so harder for me to reproduce the workflow on other projects.

Thanks Panny, but I think a lot of people on this board that would disagree with your first two sentences. 

But I think that would be a great challenge. I've never used the FZ1000, but it seems like a fun little camera. That's what I like about the FZ300... OIS, full manual control, all of the picture profiles and control that are present in the G7, Mic input, impeccable continuous af. It's a camera you can just pick up and go and run and gun some decent footage. 

21 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

I think the first two sentences are very true, regarding the camera. The foliage on the ground looked really great. I really enjoy the mentality of yours, grabbing a camera and shooting stuff for our viewing pleasure. regards and thanks!

Well, thanks. Honestly, I just really enjoy this. I find it meditative and relaxing. And this is such a great community that I learn a ton from everyday. 

• 1 month later...