5D mark4 will be better at video than 1DX mark2

Rinad Amir

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
12 hours ago, Rinad Amir said:

the video features of the camera will be the best in the lineup and will easily best the EOS-1D X Mark II for most filmmakers. While the EOS-1D X Mark II is aimed at photojournalists, the EOS 5D Mark IV will be aimed at filmmakers

Read more: http://www.canonrumors.com/eos-5d-mark-iv-update-cr2/#ixzz43FyN0cpS

rumors have been trending in this direction for awhile...

for the sake of discussion: if this is true, what features exactly are going to distinguish a 5d4 from the 1dxii for video?

what is it that makes this new camera "better for filmmakers"?

• 10 bit? - lol doubt it

• flippy screen? - id love to see that but canon has been uptight about their weatherproofing standards, dont think thatll be on this camera

• clog? - i hope this feature makes it, and although i wouldnt bet on it being there, what ELSE is going to make this new body better for video than the 1dxii?

idk lol these are rhetorical questions what do you guys think??

btw im starting a new rumors website where all the rumors are "true"

heres my rating system im still perfecting it

KR5 - Truthy

KR4 - TRUE????

KR3 - Most likely expected to be true prolly sort of but yes

KR2 - TRU TRU TRUE!!!!!!!

KR1 - Literally information from the future my website uses zero point energy

10 hours ago, Germy1979 said:

Moderate bitrate internally.  4K.  Decent AF in comparison to the 1D2.  No C-log. And of course...  8-bit.

(however the XC-10 has it.)

I'm pretty much sold on the 14-bit raw image coming out of mark 3 & I don't understand why they don't take that and run with it.  

According to the rumor, the specs for the camera changed a year or so ago, based on something video related, so I wouldn't be surprised if they implemented some of the ML tricks into their official firmware. It would make the most sense, since a lot of it is already there. 

If they did come out with official Canon Raw, that would a genius move. 

18 hours ago, mercer said:

Quite frankly, Canon runs their camera division much smarter than Sony. Sure it isn't exciting to us, but it's smart business. A small investment in R&D yields years and years of profit. Sony, for instance, must spend butt loads of money on R&D, and updating their production, making their profit margins much smaller.

But this is just my assumption. 

Canon just run differently to Sony because they are the dominant incumbent. Sony have to do things very differently if they intend to gain any sort of coverage or market share.

If the A7s was still the 'top of the line' of the Sony alpha lineup, it would be starting to dwindle down. As it is, there's plenty of talk about the A7sII, and when they release the A7III there'll be even more talk about that.

If you're going to be the insurgent company, you need to do things differently if you're going to make a dent or a difference.

Canon should take a leaf out of Sony's book really, IMO, when it comes to their prosumer video line-up.