I think my NX1 is defective, now what?

sandro

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
17 hours ago, Kisaha said:

@sandro Do you have any NX lenses?

The 16-50 kit lens (not refundable I guess since bought it from ebay from hong kong) and unfortunately the 18-200 that I used once for a job and sits unused since then, also it's not very good. I now asked also a refund for that and they'll let me know tomorrow.

32 minutes ago, sandro said:

The 16-50 kit lens (not refundable I guess since bought it from ebay from hong kong) and unfortunately the 18-200 that I used once for a job and sits unused since then, also it's not very good. I now asked also a refund for that and they'll let me know tomorrow.

Let us know please. You do not have much, if you want to change system you can easily. Sell the lenses as well, collect your 2400euros (in total) and buy whatever you want.

If you care for video, I would suggest a used C100mkII, for hybrid GH5 is great, for photos, maybe X-T2, and some video of course.

2 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Let us know please. You do not have much, if you want to change system you can easily. Sell the lenses as well, collect your 2400euros (in total) and buy whatever you want.

If you care for video, I would suggest a used C100mkII, for hybrid GH5 is great, for photos, maybe X-T2, and some video of course.

How did you come up with 2400 from my refunds? :p

3 minutes ago, sandro said:

How did you come up with 2400 from my refunds? :p

Even if they don't refund you, you certainly can get 1050euros from the 2 lenses selling on ebay!

Good luck, and let us know what they said!

Goodnight.

1 hour ago, sandro said:

Wait I have the 16-50 3.5-5.6 not the S version!

night! 

Oh my! sell everything then and get the GH5 with the 12-60 2.8-4f!!

These 2 lenses you have, they are my least favorite of the NX system, really unusable for night shooting. I own the PZ and it is very convenient for day time, small and sufficient, but the low quality of the lens shows with higher ISO. If you add the terrible NR of the camera on video, then this is a recipe for disaster!!

8 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Oh my! sell everything then and get the GH5 with the 12-60 2.8-4f!!

These 2 lenses you have, they are my least favorite of the NX system, really unusable for night shooting. I own the PZ and it is very convenient for day time, small and sufficient, but the low quality of the lens shows with higher ISO. If you add the terrible NR of the camera on video, then this is a recipe for disaster!!

Well it's more because of the NX1 horrible NR that nothing is good for night shooting.

Anyway the GH5 is way too expensive for me, add a speed booster cause I'm for s35 look and you add even more money. For instance how do I get same field of view of the tokina 11-16 I got on the NX1? Sony a6300 only does that in 4k 24p, Fujifilm xt-2 just crops in every 4k mode, GH5 needs expensive accessories.

I'm currently still an hobbyist and I can't quite justify spending those amounts :(

Refund denied for the 18-200 cause it's an accessory. What I'll do is try another time with email support explaining my reasons perfectly and then I'll send it to warranty because it actually has a defect (or its made that way, I wrote a post last year about it) and then get a refund cause they won't be able to repair it (probably).

Glad someone (anyone) else appreciates the wonder of the NX1's DIS. It's really quite brilliant. Why has no other manufacturer done that? Can you imagine how good it would be in S35 mode on a full frame sensor? And all with no need for physical hardware to sling the sensor around. My setup has organically gravitated towards a Contax 28-85 with dumb adapter and the 16mm pancake in a pocket in case I need to go wide (or have AF). I don't have any S lenses.

Once Luca finishes the next batch of NX-L I might ditch the 16mm entirely. He is a one man band and doing this more for love than money as far as I can tell so I see no point in rushing him. 

6 minutes ago, noplz said:

Glad someone (anyone) else appreciates the wonder of the NX1's DIS. It's really quite brilliant. Why has no other manufacturer done that? Can you imagine how good it would be in S35 mode on a full frame sensor? And all with no need for physical hardware to sling the sensor around. My setup has organically gravitated towards a Contax 28-85 with dumb adapter and the 16mm pancake in a pocket in case I need to go wide (or have AF). I don't have any S lenses.

Once Luca finishes the next batch of NX-L I might ditch the 16mm entirely. He is a one man band and doing this more for love than money as far as I can tell so I see no point in rushing him. 

Is nx-l still on sale?

The NX1 is still so interesting...a unique combination of virtues no other manufacturer has put into the same body at a comparable price since. 4K, nice 120p/1080, solid AF, large comfortable body, long battery life, very good stills, and fairly good color out of the box. Cross a GH5 with an X-T2 and you'd pretty much have it.

I think the Fuji is a better option than people make it out to be. There's a crop, but it's only 1.17x over the native, and there are plenty of speed boosters available. Battery life is decent with the battery grip, which also has a jack for direct power/battery charging with a wall adapter. Very good AF, about on par with the A6500. Very, very nice colors out of the box, and a lot of room to customize them in-camera. Tilting screen, nice (if slightly quirky) ergonomics, and one point over the NX1: a solid, complete, and affordable lineup of native primes and zooms. Stills are of course lovely as well. 

If I were replacing an NX1, that's what I'd go with. The G80/85 have some other weaknesses that may bug you, and the AF is not useful for video imo. If you do go the micro four thirds route, definitely get the Olympus 12-40 instead of the PL 12-60. Great manual focus clutch, amazing close focus (practically a macro), minimal breathing, and has a beautiful creamy look. 

On 6/6/2017 at 0:50 PM, sandro said:

I wonder if your system could a be replacement for the NX1 (at a low price), G85 + speedbooster xl (i dont have canon lenses though :( )

Yeah its pretty clean ! Works great for me. I use the nikon speedbooster to take advantage of all that great AIS glass ! If your not into doing side by side tests between the nx1 and the g80 your viewers will never notice the difference ??

22 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

Yeah its pretty clean ! Works great for me. I use the nikon speedbooster to take advantage of all that great AIS glass ! If your not into doing side by side tests between the nx1 and the g80 your viewers will never notice the difference ??

Is it possibile to use nikon g lenses with full electronic support, auto focus and IS?

On 9.6.2017 at 8:32 PM, sandro said:

Is it possibile to use nikon g lenses with full electronic support, auto focus and IS?

I don't think that's actually possible on any system but Nikon. There was talk about a non-speedbooster adapter that can do some level of auto focus but there was never much talk about it and it might have been only for e-mount.