from Panasonic G6 to RED Epic...

midloch

Hi guys,

I have started to follow this forum 3 years ago. The reason was simple I wanted to learn from the others. At that time I shot documentary and expedition videos with a small Sony handycam all in automatic mode but I felt that I should make it better but I did not know anything about shutter speed, ISO,  lenses, aperture etc. So I read, read, read and ask other people here.

So I bought Panasonic G6 and made many projects. By the time I improved my skills and started to ask money for my work.

2 months ago me and my friend got a great project to shoot and as there was some good budget we decided to shoot it with something special, something I only dreamt of :-) My friend has some experience with Red Epic so we borrowed all the gear and now we shoot car project about restoring and trading valuable cars.

This is our first result that will be on LCD at a big car fair show in Germany this month.

I think that going to eoshd helped me a lot, so thank you all the people here!

http://vimeo.com/158794434

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Great to see your journey is coming along so nicely! You've worked wonders with that G6, Tepui Dream came out great! :grin:

Nice clever motion and lighting in some of that shots. Works nicely. I'm personally just not sure about the 'mood'. It seems very cold, desaturated, modern and real, which probably has a big deal to do with the lighting situation in the garage. But I'd probably think it would've come out a bit nicer with a warm nostalgic tone too it, especially since it's classic cars. I'd try to spark the imagination and mood a little more. For me, now, it's a little emotionless. Have you tried dialing out the blues with a hint of yellow and exeggerating the reds a bit more? Of course it's all a matter of taste and perhaps this is tweaked to perform best on the display that is going to be on the stand. But to give you an idea, this is kinda what I mean:

PZJz4At.jpg

versus

shai4bG.jpg

See the difference?

5 hours ago, Cinegain said:

Great to see your journey is coming along so nicely! You've worked wonders with that G6, Tepui Dream came out great! :grin:

Nice clever motion and lighting in some of that shots. Works nicely. I'm personally just not sure about the 'mood'. It seems very cold, desaturated, modern and real, which probably has a big deal to do with the lighting situation in the garage. But I'd probably think it would've come out a bit nicer with a warm nostalgic tone too it, especially since it's classic cars. I'd try to spark the imagination and mood a little more. For me, now, it's a little emotionless. Have you tried dialing out the blues with a hint of yellow and exeggerating the reds a bit more? Of course it's all a matter of taste and perhaps this is tweaked to perform best on the display that is going to be on the stand. But to give you an idea, this is kinda what I mean:

PZJz4At.jpg

versus

shai4bG.jpg

See the difference?

Yes you are right. We had 2 Arri lights but still there was a lot of light from tubes. Color grading was done by my colleague and I also think that we should do it with less green.

These are only the first shots and they will be base for final project. We will do some rides with very very rare Ferrari in one month + talks with owners of the company so all the project will be done in 2 months :-)