Really? Another "Guess the camera thread"?

Mattias Burling

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

Ok now its only one left that it could be basically.
It was the Canon 5Dmkiii.

In the second video it was.
A: Sony RX100iv in Slog2.
B: Canon 5Dmkiii in Raw
C: Samsung NX1 in Gamma DR

And a summary of all the guesses:
Red One
Red
BMPCC
Canon ZR50
NX1
nx500
UFOs
Digital Bolex 16
16mm film
Boston Terrier
Point and Shoot with DOF adapter
XC-10
Nikon D750

9 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Ok now its only one left that it could be basically.
It was the Canon 5Dmkiii.

In the second video it was.
A: Sony RX100iv in Slog2.
B: Canon 5Dmkiii in Raw
C: Samsung NX1 in Gamma DR

And a summary of all the guesses:
Red One
Red
BMPCC
Canon ZR50
NX1
nx500
UFOs
Digital Bolex 16
16mm film
Boston Terrier
Point and Shoot with DOF adapter
XC-10
Nikon D750

Didn't know you had the Markiii

hahahaha.  I saw on the youtube title 'P+S' and assumed you;d used a P+S 35mm adaptor, and was amazed by the image quality - i've not seen much dof adaptor stuff that comes close to Forbes, but I was impressed and thought about looking for a cheap one to pull apart and see what they were doing with theirs, see if i could learn some tricks.  then I realised it was infact a 'point and shoot' rather than a P+S 35mm adaptor.  Regardless, each camera looked lovely.   

15 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

I didn't until two days ago.

You really can't deny the iq. It was definitely my favorite of the 3 cameras in the subsequent video you posted. 

Do you still have the D750? If so, I'd love to see a comparison video between the Markiii Raw and the 750. 

37 minutes ago, richg101 said:

hahahaha.  I saw on the youtube title 'P+S' and assumed you;d used a P+S 35mm adaptor, and was amazed by the image quality - i've not seen much dof adaptor stuff that comes close to Forbes, but I was impressed and thought about looking for a cheap one to pull apart and see what they were doing with theirs, see if i could learn some tricks.  then I realised it was infact a 'point and shoot' rather than a P+S 35mm adaptor.  Regardless, each camera looked lovely.   

Yesterday I was browsing through your flickr and when I saw the latest images, I was all like -what kind of invention has that bastard come up with to make the helios look like medium format-, but then I saw it they were in fact medium format :glasses:24551461593_c84c555c0f_k.jpg

7 minutes ago, araucaria said:

Yesterday I was browsing through your flickr and when I saw the latest images, I was all like -what kind of invention has that bastard come up with to make the helios look like medium format-, but then I saw it they were in fact medium format :glasses:24551461593_c84c555c0f_k.jpg

Oval aperture on the 80mm xenotar...

Just now, mercer said:

What's this "science" you speak of?

Some article I read, don't have the reference now. Don't get me wrong, the oval aperture is not making that medium format, he is using a digital leaf back that costs quite some money (unless you are extremely lucky)

15 minutes ago, araucaria said:

Some article I read, don't have the reference now. Don't get me wrong, the oval aperture is not making that medium format, he is using a digital leaf back that costs quite some money (unless you are extremely lucky)

No, I was joking like... What the eff is science. Sorry, in a strange mood tonight. 

So in this test are the cameras in the same order each time?

If so, then A is 5Diii, B is Sony, C is NX1. The Sony has a bit of a purple-ish, kind of indigo push and some chromatic aberration on the edges (esp. boat scene), the NX has a green push that is apparent even after people color grade and has relatively weak DR that results in more white skies and also is the one with the most notable RS artifacts.

I'm not quite sure if the cameras are in the same order for each shot though.

• Super Members
4 hours ago, Stab said:

You named the video 'Test 5d Mk3 raw' so I guess I'm gonna have to guess a 5D Mark 3.

A bit late to the game, but you are correct. Good eye :)

29 minutes ago, vaga said:

So in this test are the cameras in the same order each time?

If so, then A is 5Diii, B is Sony, C is NX1. The Sony has a bit of a purple-ish, kind of indigo push and some chromatic aberration on the edges (esp. boat scene), the NX has a green push that is apparent even after people color grade and has relatively weak DR that results in more white skies and also is the one with the most notable RS artifacts.

I'm not quite sure if the cameras are in the same order for each shot though.

They are in the same order. But its A: Rx100iv B: 5dmkiii C:NX1