YAG7T

mercer

Yup... Yet Another G7 Test. This time I am really trying to decide between a couple lenses for my upcoming movie project... the Tokina RMC 35mm f2 lens vs. the Cosmical 25mm f1.9 lens. I adjusted the curves and threw a couple LUTS on the footage to get close to the kinda "look" I will eventually want. The technical info is... this video was shot in CineLikeD with everything dialed down. With my tests I have found I like this setting the best. Eventually, I would like to test the Leeming LUT, as TheRenaissanceMan suggested a couple weeks ago, with the advised Leeming LUT in camera settings, but I am waiting until he has a fully developed G7 version. I am sure there are flaws all over the place in this video, but since it is merely a lens test, I decided to let them roll. As always... any tips or criticisms are encouraged and if there are any other G7 users, please feel free to post your work as well. I am really hoping to have a thorough discussion about this awesome little camera.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

the tokina...you can spot vintage tokinas in a sec. it`s the glow they have and I like it. I have a 28-70 2.8 and looking for the 20-35 2.8 to have a set.

The cosmical is definetly sharper in the center and the bokeh it give makes establishing shots feel very dramatic. Reminds me of the pentacon 29 2.8, the edge distortion looks similar as well.

Two very diferent lenses, but both have a very strong "look" to it.

Yes, I love vintage Tokinas. I also have the RMC 17mm f3.5, and the RMC 25-50mm f4. And the AT-X 24-40 and AT-X 35-70, both f2.8. All of them are great lenses. obviously, I meant to type Cosmicar in the description, but damn auto correct... but i agree, that lens really holds its own for a 40-50 year old TV, c-mount lens. The only reason I think I am leaning toward the Tokina is I think the bokeh is weightier than the Cosmicar... the Cosmicar has a lighter, almost nostalgic look to it, which may be perfect for a short I plan on shooting later in the year. Btw, I have that Pentacon lens... picked it up for 5 bucks a while back, but I never got around to using it... I'll have to give that a test one of these days.