My great $60 battery for the Pocket and Cinema Cameras is BACK in stock!

DPStewart

Hey everyone,

For those that watched my video on cheap camera support gear last week and asked about that XT Power $60 battery - well JUST TODAY the link came back online and it is showing as back in stock as of March 6th. Still just $60 too.

Get 'em while they're hot!

http://www.amazon.com/XTPower-10000mAh-Recorders-Sensation-Connectors/dp/B00935L44E/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1447976251&sr=1-1&keywords=battery+charger+bmpcc

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

All of those are way too huge to put directly into a shoulder or tripod rig. I mean to have it be "form fitting and out of the way and clean".
Heck - we can hook a car battery up if we want. There are literally a million of these batteries out there in all shapes and sizes and if they have the 9v/12v outputs they all work the same.
They're all the same in function. All of them. That's not the purpose of my recommendation.
The XT Power is of a specific shape, size, and weight that to me lands RIGHT on the sweet spot. Plus it has LARGE power-remaining lights that are extremely clear when you need to see them. They're not hidden off on one side. It's all these little details that make it so much more pleasant to use busy shooting day after busy shooting day.

Those Ankers are like attaching a pizza box to your rig compared to the XT Power.
Same with that large RAV Power. Now, I use a much smaller square RAV Power to power my audio recorders - and you can't even hardly tell it's there. Size matters. LOL!
Even that "Aukey" brand is a half-inch wider and FIFTY PERCENT longer that the XT.
If you want a really big powerful battery? Get a V-Mount - superior in every way. But much much heavier and much more expensive.

If you watched my video were I showed the battery mounted on shoulder/tripod rigs you'd see that even the XT Power is not small at all, and that anything larger is going to be an enormous pain in the ass.

14 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Good-BP-U60-7800mAh-112Wh-Battery-For-pmw-280-PMW-260-PMW-160-PMW-100-PMW-/271313492536?hash=item3f2b8b5a38:g:GI8AAOSwkoNTzguj

I'm going with this here instead. As a double bonus it can power either my BMPCC or PMW-F3! :-D :-D

What does its mounting plate cost? And how does it attach to your rig?

Very cheap, and elegant:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMCC-4K-BMPCC-Camera-DV-Battery-Mount-Plate-Power-Supply-For-Sony-BP-U60-U30-/231491513424?hash=item35e5f82c50:g:fIcAAOSwT6pVilrh

I
think your proposal though wins slightly for overall value for money.

But I think for elegance, and overall versatility (as BP-U is a very common battery format that gets used in lots of things), I think mine takes the edge over yours.

In the end, which is a best for a person, depends on their personal preferences/needs :)

3 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Very cheap, and elegant:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMCC-4K-BMPCC-Camera-DV-Battery-Mount-Plate-Power-Supply-For-Sony-BP-U60-U30-/231491513424?hash=item35e5f82c50:g:fIcAAOSwT6pVilrh

I
think your proposal though wins slightly for overall value for money.

But I think for elegance, and overall versatility (as BP-U is a very common battery format that gets used in lots of things), I think mine takes the edge over yours.

In the end, which is a best for a person, depends on their personal preferences/needs :)

Ha! Hey, that's the exact battery holder I use to mount a smaller Sony NP-770 directly to the top of my BMPCC when I have it on the Beholder DS1 gimbal!
Yeah, works like a treat, don't it.

Now, I only get about an hour out of the NP-770 but that's a LOT better than taking the camera OFF the gimbal every 20 minutes for a new internal battery. (Plus is helps act as a counter weight for balancing the gimbal.)
I get just under 3-hours with the battery I linked here in this thread.

How much continuous run time do you get with one BP-U battery IronMan?

Thanks for the info. I've been carrying 6-8 batteries per shoot. It wouldn't be that big of a deal, but the Wasabi Power ones get stuck in the battery compartment, which doesn't look too professional. Here's me over in the corner using tools to extract a stupid battery. This should help a bit. I was tempted to just go with a V-mount solution since I have a bunch, but this is way better weight and size-wise.