Yet another another guess the camera

Andrew Reid

Andrew said something about a surprise, now we know it's fullframe but coming from a speedbooster. This leaves us with APS-C cameras or crops.The image looks like better than plain 1080p... A7s1?? that would be no surprise. Canon EOS M3??? Not really... NX500 with a secret hack??? should look like NX1. Some KINO camera (what was their name again?, I know RichG adapted a speedbooster for the PL mount). 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

Only works on the stills.

The video is insanely sharp and detailed.

It has aliasing and moire but it feels really alive.

I love the ergonomics too apart from lack of articulated screen and the ISO dial is a bit ridiculous. You can't really turn it without accidentally knocking the shutter speed dial.

It's a great stills camera to set to A mode and auto ISO with exposure comp dial when you need it and super fast AF, reel off a video clip and 9/10 times out of ten without any effort in post at all it will give a more satisfying image and certainly rec.709 colour than any of the more hyped 4K cams.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

The Fuji is slightly more detailed that the Nikon (when sharpened like the fuji) but with much lower DR, and pretty similar colour rendition to my eyes here. So D750 wins over it as a video image. I would have loved to see how it looks vs nx1 in best mode 4k without magenta shift to see whether it'll beat the D750.

The fuji is great though, glad their users can capture detailed good looking video finally. 

14 hours ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

The Fuji is slightly more detailed that the Nikon (when sharpened like the fuji) but with much lower DR, and pretty similar colour rendition to my eyes here. So D750 wins over it as a video image. I would have loved to see how it looks vs nx1 in best mode 4k without magenta shift to see whether it'll beat the D750.

The fuji is great though, glad their users can capture detailed good looking video finally. 

Correct me if Im wrong Andrew but the difference in DR is actually just a difference in luminance of that light streak, right?

On March 5, 2016 at 7:08 PM, Andrew Reid said:

Only works on the stills.

The video is insanely sharp and detailed.

It has aliasing and moire but it feels really alive.

I love the ergonomics too apart from lack of articulated screen and the ISO dial is a bit ridiculous. You can't really turn it without accidentally knocking the shutter speed dial.

It's a great stills camera to set to A mode and auto ISO with exposure comp dial when you need it and super fast AF, reel off a video clip and 9/10 times out of ten without any effort in post at all it will give a more satisfying image and certainly rec.709 colour than any of the more hyped 4K cams.

There's very little Xpro2 footage in the wild, anything you can post is appreciated.

Also, does is have any adjustment to the diopter? IIRC the XP1 needed to swap lenses. The Xt2 might be a better choice for me as I always need to adjust my EVF.

Thanks.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi
On 3/5/2016 at 0:56 AM, Inazuma said:

Correct me if Im wrong Andrew but the difference in DR is actually just a difference in luminance of that light streak, right?

If it's variable maybe yes (as in got 1-2 stops brighter in the fuji shot making it appear to clip 1-2 stops earlier than the d750 & nx1)

On 3/5/2016 at 6:04 AM, Marco Tecno said:

What about NX1 at 1080@30/60 fps for the test? 120fps degrades its quality.

I also wished it was NX1 4k downscaled (as in, best mode like the others) with correct magenta shift. Find it an odd choice to show 120p mode here