Prime lens kit

Fábio Pinto

I've been working with Canon EF zoom lenses for some years but I wanna buy a prime lens kit. I'm no longer using Canon cameras, so I don't mind using other mounts. I'll keep my zoom lenses anyway. Currently I'm working with Red One MX, Sony a7S and BMPCC cameras. 

This is what I'm looking for:
- Manual apperture and manual focus

- Wide apperture (around f1.4 is enough)

- Maximum 2000€ for the kit

I was thinking about buying the Rokinon/Samyang cine lens bundle with a 16mm, 24mm, 35mm, 50mm and 85mm (it costs around 2000€) but I have also worked with some old Nikkor and Carl Zeiss Planar and Sonnar (I have a Nikkor 55mm f2.8 and a Carl Zeiss Sonnar 180mm f2.8) and I liked it. Do you think I should go with the rokinons?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 5 months later...
On 24.2.2016 at 3:26 PM, Fábio Pinto said:

... but I have also worked with some old Nikkor and Carl Zeiss Planar and Sonnar (I have a Nikkor 55mm f2.8 and a Carl Zeiss Sonnar 180mm f2.8) and I liked it. Do you think I should go with the rokinons?

Do you have test footage of the Carl Zeiss Sonnar 180mm f2.8? Is it any good for (4K) video?

I love my CONTAX Zeiss glass. It's cheap and has a gorgeous filmic look to them. I have the "travel" set. 

28mm f2.8, 35mm f2.8, 50mm f1.4, 85mm f2.8. 

Im wanting to upgrade to the faster primes and get to a full set of the "supers". 

Check out this RedUser forum all about them. Love these lenses. http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?92044-Contax-Zeiss-Survival-Guide&highlight=CONTAX