New Sigma cameras, no video at all but that APS-H sensor...

Danko

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
2 minutes ago, David Bowgett said:

It's the same as the one found on their old DSLR range. I'm guessing that coming up with a whole new mirrorless lens mount would have been too expensive... although it does make you wonder why they didn't just licence the (F)E-mount from Sony, seeing how they've started producing lenses for it.

Sony keeps their E-mount close.

If companies could license it, blackmagic, red, panasonic (varri) and jvc would have already done it.

My dream, a e-mount bmpc4k.

I think sigma sticks to the SA mount because it has the same flange distance as the canon, so they can take the same housing as with their canon/nikon models.

I've read a comment from a person who modified his sigma sd1 to have a nikon mount, he found out that his nikon lenses would give strange color cast. It seems like sigma has corrected this for all of their lenses. I can imagine that a short lens to sensor distance would make things even worse with this sensor technology.

I don't think they are aiming for a small form. At least not compared to dslrs. Most of their public communication goes to try and point that the image quality is compared to mf. People using the cameras are often people who have a history with larger than 35mm formats. Cameras seem to be rather slow and demand patient operating. So, in their own universe I think Sigma is on its own path.

What really intrigues me are the formats of the jpgs that they put in as default, first two are clearly video and film ratios, 16:9 and 21:9 (~2.35:1). Top sensitivity is 6400ASA so it's hard to expect that they are going to go for video with this sensor but in the future I'd sure be interested to see what it can produce.