Sony color space most Canon-like

Psch

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

You mean this? http://www.eoshd.com/2015/11/sony-vs-canon-colour-science-does-this-explain-the-difference/

Or...

On 7-1-2016 at 1:22 AM, Andrew Reid said:

It completely solves the colour correct hassle of normal SLOG 2.

S Gamut is really tricksy.

Has anyone else tried shooting this way? Downsides? Results?

I am trying this on the FS5 and A7S II and suddenly I can grade SLOG 2 like Canon LOG with just a simple master luma curve adjustment in Premiere and nothing else!

Via https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?hl=en&gws_rd=ssl#hl=en&q=eoshd+andrew+gamut

No I did read the color science post with great interest though. I'm pretty sure it was buried in a review and from memory I think he was saying the movie or cinema color space was most canon like, but damn it if I can't find the post now!

Maybe it was even Pro. Such dumb useless names.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Picture Profile Off gives me the most Canon-like image. 

I am very surprised actually it's not mentioned much, being the best PP and overall colour science & contrast I can get out of the a7s.

15 hours ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

Picture Profile Off gives me the most Canon-like image. 

I am very surprised actually it's not mentioned much, being the best PP and overall colour science & contrast I can get out of the a7s.

But won't that decrease the dynamic range quite a bit? I mean they're blaring about 14 stops in S-Log3 which is probably less actually usable stops (11-12?), so using PP Off will probably give you the same lattitude as the regular profiles on a Canon EOS or a Nikon. At least that was my understanding so far.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi
38 minutes ago, Phil A said:

But won't that decrease the dynamic range quite a bit? I mean they're blaring about 14 stops in S-Log3 which is probably less actually usable stops (11-12?), so using PP Off will probably give you the same lattitude as the regular profiles on a Canon EOS or a Nikon. At least that was my understanding so far.

A common practice, hook you cameras up to HDTV and tweak the in camera settings to match. So you won't go through this process again: @jcs did it and got a very close look from the a7sii to the c300ii, he's the best one to help you I believe wait for him to jump in.