Sony FS7, What setup with shoulder rig, Vmount, etc.?

PannySVHS

Hey guys!

My school wants to buy either an URSA min 4.6K, duh:) Or a FS7. What kind of setup do you guys recommend for the FS7:

-strong HQ shoulder rig (Zacuto, Lanparte maybe)

-EVF

-Vmount and battery

-tripod plate

-follow focus and so on?

Asking for a nice setup for cinema shooting, with good quality- price balance. Thank you all for having been so helpful all the time.

This is a great place with many very inspiring and super cool people.

cheers

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

If budget allows I'd just go all Zauto to streamline the process and get a coherent well-tested kit. They make full FS7/C300 solutions that are perfect for a school/students to shoot with comfortably and learn all the pieces.

I've been working on a show with the zacuto recoil and z-drive. I also use this lanparte v-mount plate and a wooden camera d-tap cable. Very nice setup- the recoil plate makes it easy to precisely balance the camera depending on which lens you use (I'm usually on a 70-200- there's a nice little lens support built into the plate). We also have the VCT quick-release plate for easy tripod mounting. 

I don't like the stock sony monitor, I use a SmallHD 501 that I basically attach to a long rod coming from the handle.