Premiere pro and 2.35:1 aspect ratio what did i do

enny

Hi guys its 2 am here and i am going crazy trying to get 2.35:1 aspect ratio from 2x kowas for B&H speed boster and bmpcc how exactly do you guys do this in premiere pro. I am new to premiere if you can just dumb it down for me it would be awesome. Do you first interpret the footage to 2.1 aspect ratio the work on it.

And what exactly is 1.333 aspect ration when i use 1.333 in interpret footage pixel aspect ration i would use 1.333 and i get nice crop is this famous 2.35:1

There are samples of 1.333 and 2x stretch

Thanks

IMG_6115.JPG

IMG_6116.JPG

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well, the old 4:3 aspect ratio (which is, use your calculator, 1:1,33) multipiled by itself, equals 1:1,77, which is known as 16:9, the Pocket's only AR. Which again, multpiled by 1,33 makes 1:2,37.

Why not 1:2,35, a.k.a. cinemascope?

Because CS is an obsolete AR of analog cinema. Today it's called scope, 1:2,39. Or digital allegedly - Wikipedia - 1:2,36 (although in reality it's 1:2,38).

Confusing? Don't let this stuff bother you.

Your sequence preset should be either 2048 x 858 (cinema servers' "2k scope") or 1920 x 804 (most cinema servers will play this back too as long as that preset is correctly flagged in the DCP), with square pixels only.

So: you don't squeeze the pixels, you squeeze the whole 1920 x 1080 image in Premiere, like a cinema anamorphic lens would have done so that it fits into the scope frame. Two pixels or so off won't be noticed by anybody.

I am doing something wrong here.

1 - I created new sequence 1080 by 800

2 - I right click on my anamorphic video went in to conform to anamorphic2 it squeezed my anamorphic to proper size

3- Keep existing settings when i drag the file in to  sequence

4- Then went in to effect motion tab used scale height scale width to equalize the 2 x in to 1080 by 800

As you can see in the image my left side 2x look properly squeezed but the image on right side does not look right at all specially bears head which is oval in shape not round.

Thanks guys for your help i an new to this premiere

2016-02-16 09_16_41-Program Manager.png

You don't seem to have a scope image at all. Perhaps it's actually a 1:3,55 image, (16x2)x9. More than even Cinerama (which needed a curved screen in any case), almost Polyvision. Very unfortunate to frame, impossible, really impossible for any kind of storytelling, because every cut becomes a jump cut. Why don't you just crop the image to get the AR?

2 hours ago, Axel said:

You don't seem to have a scope image at all. Perhaps it's actually a 1:3,55 image, (16x2)x9. More than even Cinerama (which needed a curved screen in any case), almost Polyvision. Very unfortunate to frame, impossible, really impossible for any kind of storytelling, because every cut becomes a jump cut. Why don't you just crop the image to get the AR?

Hi Axel try to answer you question i am using BMPCC with metabone speedbooster attached to Yashica ML 50mm lens with Kowa B&H

You said to crop the image? is this done after i properly squeeze my 2x anamorphic in premiere by right clicking on it or i dont let premiere do any squeezing i do it manually.

What do you mean by AR

Here is the sample of the basic 2x stretch i this to wide This is BMPCC with metabone speedbooster attached to Yashica ML 50mm lens with Kowa B&H foot and half away from the object

Thanks