How about another "Guess the Camera?" :)

Mattias Burling

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

That makes sense. When I first got it, I overestimated what I could do with it and was, still am, a little ignorant as to how to get the best out of it. Unfortunately, I haven't picked it up since I bought the G7. I was thinking about selling it, but the downscaled 4K to 1080p b&w is so gorgeous, I will probably end up keeping it. 

Exactly, I only paid $350 for the body, brand new. If I threw in some adapters, extra batteries and a couple vintage lenses, I might be able to get $250 for it. So, I'll probably start using it like you intend to... Throw a pancake lens on it and use it as a point and shoot, pocket cam.

It would probably be great on one of those small, handheld gimbals, or gopro steady cams. 

• Super Members

Yup. and the 30/2.0 pancake is very cheap right now. And used they are tough sales = good price for us :)

EDIT: Just had a look at the prices of all the pancakes... man its a cheap system. Its a one way system, but it will be cheap for anyone getting in now.
Can probably still sell it to a less informed buyer down the road. I still se the old Olympus system being sold online form time to time.

The 16-50 is even cheaper and not much bigger. It's a slower lens and a touch bigger, but it does have ois which would be great for run and gun. The focus rings must suck on these lenses though. I dread the idea of using a focus by wire after using a Nikkor or a Rokkor-X. I'll probably end up using the Minolta 45mm or Konica 40mm. 

• Super Members

I got the 16-50 with the camera. The focus is alright as far as wired goes. But the zoom button sucks big time.
I used to have the 30/2 for the NX1. It was nice but since I have the Nikkors 17-35/2.8 and the 35/1.4 I feel covered. Just bought a used 16mm f2.4 for a very good price.
Feels good to have a pancake prime and zoom for the pocket when traveling etc.

• Super Members
Just now, mercer said:

How's the ois?

Good, really good.

When I played around I opted to push out of manual into AF so the ring is a zoom, zoom and then push again before focusing. That way the AF already had it close to focus anyway.
Not good workflow for continuous takes, but good from time to time.

1 minute ago, Mattias Burling said:

Good, really good.

Interesting. Throw her on an L-Bracket and attach a small recorder to the cold shoe on the bracket and a small shotgun on the camera hot shoe... Tiny little system. Shure has that small shotgun that has a recorder built in

That 16 2.4 looks like a decent little lens. The iFunction seems handy as well. 

I have a really small Olympus LS-7 field recorder. I can get acceptable results with just the onboard mics. 

I know you just got it, but do you have any graded video with the 16-50?

• Super Members
4 minutes ago, mercer said:

That 16 2.4 looks like a decent little lens. The iFunction seems handy as well. 

I have a really small Olympus LS-7 field recorder. I can get acceptable results with just the onboard mics. 

I know you just got it, but do you have any graded video with the 16-50?

Not yet. Fotgott it at home when I left this morning and its dark when Im of work. To bad because the sunset right now is something else.

6 minutes ago, araucaria said:

Lol mercer, keep an eye on that GAS ;)

You ain't kidding. Haha. Work has been really busy lately. So, when I can't shoot I buy. BUT, I actually have a plan that involves some selling and some buying, so I'll have a modest 2 camera set up... And a half dozen set of lenses.  Unless I get a pocket cam or a micro... 

2 minutes ago, araucaria said:

Bahahahahaha :)

The sad thing is I am probably only half joking... There are so many options out there and instead of arguing which is the best all around solution, I decided to buy the cheaper solutions that do one or two things well. Each camera is a tool. Eff it, I should just go back to the t2i.