A7sII strong color noise in lower left corner with high ISO

Nikolas Hoose

Hi everyone,
I have an issue with my A7sII and would like to know if others are experiencing similar things with their A7sII or if I have a faulty unit.

Whenever I take a picture in high ISOs (20000 and up) I can see pink color noise in the lower left corner and the bottom of the picture if this area is underexposed. This error doesnt occur if the area is exposed correctly or in any other areas of the image. Also its not visible in live view on the back lcd or evf, but in both the jpeg and raw file (and also Video).

Im not surprised to see noise in such high ISOs, but Im concerned about the concentration on one particular area of the picture.
Does anyone have similar issues with their A7sII, and if not, what could be the reason for it?

Thanks alot in advance!
Nikolas

Test shot with ISO 51200. Pink noise at bottom definitely visible.

DSC00320.thumb.JPG.f53dc0e5ddd7005576660

Another Test shot with ISO 51200 - this time well exposed. The noise is not visible anymore!

DSC00340.thumb.JPG.6e9aa70546d02f701b285

Test shot with ISO 409600 and Body-Cap attached. You can clearly see how theres strong pink noise only in the lower left corner and bottom.

DSC00369.thumb.JPG.eacd9238321fa97c1ab0f

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
14 minutes ago, andy lee said:

you are at a very very high ISO and pushing the camera to it limits , I never shoot over 800 iso and light the scene for that ,

I know, and Im very impressed with what this camera can do in low light, but why does this pink noise only occur in this specific area of the image?