Sony a6300 4k

Nikkor

• Administrators

14 Stops, amazing, if true. Proper game changer.

How it will pack down into an 8 bit 4:2:0 codec will be an issue, but sounds promising.

Sony quote 13-15 stops for all their recent cameras so that's nothing new. I would expect it to perform similarly to the A7R II in its Super 35mm crop mode.

What I like about the A6300 is more the promising new AF tracking system and the amount it packs in for a price.

New low(ish) budget king!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Sony quote 13-15 stops for all their recent cameras so that's nothing new. I would expect it to perform similarly to the A7R II in its Super 35mm crop mode.

Ahh right.... shame. I know they claim big numbers for the sensor, but didn't think they actually marketed that those numbers were for video too!

Interesting price/specs... But i'm not buying another Sony unless the IQ improves dramatically. Screw 8 bit, 4:2:0 and poor colour science.

If low-light is comparable, the only disadvantage against the A7r II in APS-C crop mode is the missing IBIS and the smaller EVF (1cm vs 1.3cm). That's probably something people could handle if it means saving 2000 €. Really interesting I have to say.

At loooooong last the very long awaited Sony A6300 has been announced (along with 3 sweet sweet lenses, that Sony E mount desperately needs).

These specs in particular are juicy:

new 24MP BSI sensor (yay, BSI!)
11fps
4D focus
4K 30fps video (no pixel binning 14 stops dynamic range, 100MPS)
S-Gamut3.Cine/S-Log-3 and S-Gamut3/S-Log3 profiles
1080p120 slow motion
Under US$1k (I think this price is quite reasonable compared to what a GH4 or NX1 was when first released. Yes, I'd like it to be less! So I can wait, once a sale arrives or it shows up secondhand/refurbished that should shave off a few hundred dollars fo rme)
Weather sealed body
422 over HDMI
Switchable NTSC/PAL (phew!! Thank goodness for that)
14bit photos
Mic jack input.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1222744-REG/sony_ilce6300_b_alpha_a63000_mirrorless_digital.html

I no longer want a Sony A7s mk1 secondhand (which is a similar, or greater, price), I think I'll hold out on seeing this A6300 go on sale instead! :-D

At loooooong last the very long awaited Sony A6300 has been announced (along with 3 sweet sweet lenses, that Sony E mount desperately needs).

These specs in particular are juicy:

new 24MP BSI sensor (yay, BSI!)
11fps
4D focus
4K 30fps video (no pixel binning 14 stops dynamic range, 100MPS)
S-Gamut3.Cine/S-Log-3 and S-Gamut3/S-Log3 profiles
1080p120 slow motion
Under US$1k (I think this price is quite reasonable compared to what a GH4 or NX1 was when first released. Yes, I'd like it to be less! So I can wait, once a sale arrives or it shows up secondhand/refurbished that should shave off a few hundred dollars fo rme)
Weather sealed body
422 over HDMI
Switchable NTSC/PAL (phew!! Thank goodness for that)
14bit photos
Mic jack input.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1222744-REG/sony_ilce6300_b_alpha_a63000_mirrorless_digital.html

I no longer want a Sony A7s mk1 secondhand (which is a similar, or greater, price), I think I'll hold out on seeing this A6300 go on sale instead! :-D

Seems way too good to be true ! Ill wait for samples, but so far looking amazing !

looks great on paper. As ever with Sony the colour's are horrible and this coming from someone who owns an A7S. I can't get excited about a camera that produces such sub standard skin tones in comparison to what Canon can do. You can spot a Sony camera a mile off graded or not. 

No in-camera stabilization, no twin dials, no mention of better color rendering, expensive lenses without IS, weak budget lenses compared to other systems...for a company known for pushing the envelope, Sony is persistently deaf.

It's consistent with the A7 line offering. I think many people had unrealistic expectations, this is a 1000$ consumer camera, they won't go and use it to kill off their premium line with it.

I don't think this is the camera they expect people to buy the G Master lenses for. 1000$ body, 2400$ 24-70 2.8?

sony keeps making perfect specd consumer cameras that somehow don`t work that well.

I hate a7s footage as it breaks just before I get the colors right. 10bit via hdmi to a prores recorder and it would be a dream and yes, I know I am nitpicking here as in what do you expect for a 1k camera...well, I expect a usefull codec to grade that slog, otherwise just leave it out.