Olympus PEN-F

Don Kotlos

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well, you're being optimistic. :) You really think we'll get to see 4K on that?

With the E-M5II they wanted to make the statement: 'look guys, you can forget about video, here's something that will make you shoot cinema-quality movies. Woah! Don't say we don't cater to you filmmakers!'. It's only so-so and no 4K. And that's supposed to be their filmmaker's pick.

So... the E-M1II will remain to have its focus be still images. It won't be till the E-M5III that we get to possibly have something to actually be excited about. Unless they figure: no more video-centric camera, there's only going to be E-M1 and E-M10, in which case, the E-M1II actually might just end up having the best features for hybrid shooting after all. Not sure about that though.

But the PEN-F? I don't see why they would push cool video features for that. It will revolve around retro basic stills shooting. I kind of like the grippy E-Ms though (the PEN-F grip accessory looks like an abomination to me). Atleast they seemed to have noticed the wish for a vari-angle screen.

6qYTikO.jpg

Don't know. Could be nice, but I'm not expecting it to outperform the E-M5II on video, that's all.