Rear LCD viewer for Sony A7RII?

wallpaperviking

Hi, 

I know this is a bit of a strange one but I am looking to attach a video viewer (Zacuto, LCDVF etc etc) to the rear of my newly purchased Sony A7RII...  

This is largely due to me wanting to shoot stills but in a ratio that better suits my Mamiya 7 and large format cameras that I am more accustomed with (6:7 and 5:4)

This would involve me taping off the rear LCD to my desired format and the cropping the original 3:2 image in post...

I figure I would have more success on this forum than on a purely "stills" forum..

Just wondering what the smallest video viewer is for this purpose?  I would rather not be adding anything to the camera and that Sony just give us these crop modes in camera but this does not seem to be the case at this point..  Hopefully in a firmware update...

Thanks so much, any advice would be greatly appreciated!  

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thanks for the replies back, much appreciated!  

Don Kotlos, can you please explain what you mean a bit further?   Do you basically mean like the Sony screen protector?  

I have used this in the past and it has worked for tripod based work but it becomes very hard to see in bright conditions and is not a great way to shoot if needing to stabilize the camera by placing it to your face...

That is why I was thinking something like the LCDVF viewer or something similar..

Thanks again!

Don Kotlos, can you please explain what you mean a bit further?   Do you basically mean like the Sony screen protector?  

I have used this in the past and it has worked for tripod based work but it becomes very hard to see in bright conditions and is not a great way to shoot if needing to stabilize the camera by placing it to your face...

That is why I was thinking something like the LCDVF viewer or something similar..

Ah that makes sense! 

I was even talking about a cheaper LCD protector that you can remove very easily. Like the ones for smartphones. Tape that one instead of the screen so it can be easily removed. 

I believe the LCDVF for A7 works also for A7rii since the two have the same LCD size.