Video Assist Pre-Order Overlooked, Considering Atomos Ninja Blade

Simon Shasha

Hey guys,

I pre-ordered the Video Assist after NAB, however the store I bought it from, which has shipped out a few thus far, and though being first on their pre-order list, told me today they are not sure why my order was overlooked and hasn't been fulfilled yet.

Having sold my Atomos Shogun, I am in rather urgent need for a monitor.

If the worst case scenario unfolds, and come Monday, my Video Assist order cannot be fulfilled, I am considering replacing it with an Atomos Ninja Blade.

The Ninja Blade is said to use the same IPS technology as the Shogun, giving a 179-degree viewing-angle and 10bit colour-precision.

I was always impressed by my Shoguns viewing-angles, colour, and software in general, and was wondering, though the Video Assist has a higher-resolution screen than the Ninja Blade (1080P vs 720P), at 5-inches, is that much of an advantage?

Also, can anyone verify what type of monitor the Video Assist is? IPS? Or at least, what type of viewing-angle the Video Assist has?

Really would appreciate any input/help :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs