What did i buy for 15 dollars

enny

Hi guys wen to local vintage camera store and in the basement i found those tag say movie lights they are extremely strong light source and i was wondering if they can be used in production. Found something similar on eBay Acme Lite Movie Photography Light Unit 2 GE Photo Bulbs 375 Watt. There is yellow sticker in the back what aperture to use

IMG_5728.JPG

IMG_5729.JPG

IMG_5731.JPG

IMG_5732.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have some of these, I've never actually used mine but they came free with some Lowel and Mole lighting gear I was buying and I grabbed them. 

The great David G Smith over at DVXuser has a great and informative thread about these with a nice bulb he found for them.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?286884-5000-watts-of-light-for-90-00!!!-Stop-buying-work-lights!&highlight=

Definitely worth the price of admission.

I often find that the light controls in front of a light fixture are more important than the fixture itself.

There is a barndoor that is designed to fit directly onto those R40 photoflood bulbs.  They came out decades ago and were part of the original Lowel-Light.  I don't think that they are made anymore, but you might be able to find them used in kits, as kits of that Lowel-Light are included on almost every large truck.  I have also seen them employed a lot in department store window displays using track lighting with R40 photofloods.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKp7RYOjj4L3JtKV02a9E                   L2ltYWdlcy9wcm9kdWN0L21haW4vTE9XRUJSNDBf

I often find that the light controls in front of a light fixture are more important than the fixture itself.

There is a barndoor that is designed to fit directly onto those R40 photoflood bulbs.  They came out decades ago and were part of the original Lowel-Light.  I don't think that they are made anymore, but you might be able to find them used in kits, as kits of that Lowel-Light are included on almost every large truck.  I have also seen them employed a lot in department store window displays using track lighting with R40 photofloods.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKp7RYOjj4L3JtKV02a9E                   L2ltYWdlcy9wcm9kdWN0L21haW4vTE9XRUJSNDBf

These look great. I never knew they existed, I am going to keep an eye out for them at thrift stores and yard sales. They will make a great diy light.