Red One MX - Why I bought one

Mattias Burling

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Mattias Burling said:

BMCC and BMPC got something like 30 and 25% price cuts. Which stuck with them.

Not sure if that counts as a "radical" price cut? Even Canon has done that :-P

52 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

50% off for 1x Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4.6K PL mount + 2x 4K video assist... last Black Friday

That was only in the UK however, so I wasn't really counting that, but it does give you hope there could be 50% off sale for the EF version and more worldwide

1 hour ago, Mattias Burling said:

Imo a third of the price on brand new product is quite substantial. But maybe that's just me.

I guess my point is they kinda feel like a "natural price reduction", products often get cheaper over their life cycle. (some have even more radical price drops! For instance the F3 was around $30K originally?! When I purchased mine secondhand I remember new prices had fallen to around US$6K)

But the 1/2 price BMPCC sale was out of left field and was kinda an "unnatural" drop.

Well the C300mk2 dropped from $16K to 10K in a relatively short span, that is over a third.
That is "natural price reduction"? Fast than normal? Yes! But still within the realms of "natural".
Anyway.... it is pretty subjective here, just a personal matter of perspective. (wellll.... unless someone wishes to plot data from all camera prices to see if the BMPCC is over 3 standard deviations away)

• 3 years later...

Out of what you mentioned, it is an easy pick for the Panasonic S1! (take a look at the S5 too)
The Sigma FP isn't as polished / all round camera, the RED ONE MX is an ancient old heavy beast of a camera. Think very very carefully before buying, isn't suitable for 97% of people. 

There is also the Nikon Z6 with an Atomos Ninja V, for 4K raw. 

At the US$2.5K ish price point for a 4K camera, you could also consider: Sony FS7 secondhand, BMD Pocket 6K Pro, Z Cam E2-M4 / E2-S6, Panasonic GH5mk2 (heck, the GH5 is waaay under budget, wait for the Panasonic GH6?), and lots more.