My DJI OSMO fairground shoot, plus a mini-review

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought it yesterday and returned it today. 

The image quality doesn't even get closer to a 5Dmk2. The noise in ISO 3200 is terrible and don't even try to use high ISOs when doing 120fps. The Android app is unstable. Some times took me 10 minutes to pair with the camera on my Galaxy Note 4. Unusable for a professional assignment.  Couldn't make it work on full 4K because the app would freeze. Battery life is ridiculous, about half an hour. The ventilation holes for the camera are just in the top of it, forget about using it even with gentle rain. And the construction seems weak, doesn't look like it can survive if it fails to the ground. 

I can't understand the hype. I wouldn't use this piece of crap not even for taking selfies. 

My reaction would be 'well, dúh' to most of that, I'm afraid. I guess you went in with false expectations about what this device was... but you still hit some fair points. But when you get a first of a kind device like that, unfortunately these child diseases and little frustrations usually pop-up. That's why I'm not really eager to play guinea pig and have stayed away from pistol grip gimbals to this point. It needs to mature a bit more. I'd say it's kinda getting there, just not quite yet on the level I'd like it to be.