EOSHD video quality charts - 2015/2016

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

The XC10 is 8bit. I tried extrnal recording but the internal codec so damn powerful that you gain nothing from ProRes, and it also records unlimited. Maybe using a reorder would be useful for those who want to us SD/SSDs instead of CFast 2.0. 

What are the obstacles to implementing 10 bit internal recording in hybrid cameras? Is that a heat issue too?

I'd also like to know why the GH4 is still the only hybrid that outputs 10bit via hdmi. Is it a technical obstacle stopping Sony, Canon etc or are they protecting their higher end video cameras? Why the C100 Mk II doesn't have 10 bit out I have no idea. I guess it would make the C300 totally obsolete but it kind of does already once you add a recorder...

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2015 at 8:49 PM, eris said:

I find it interesting that the NX1 is heavily featured here, but in other news Samsung has shut down their mirror less camera production.  

Really, really waiting for the Ursa Minor, I mean Ursa Mini 4.6k.  Either renting it or purchasing may be the biggest news of 2016.

My curiosity is now piqued for Canon's red-headed stepchild, based on this thread. Regarding the Ursa Mini, take a look at the ratings at B&H:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1137314-REG/blackmagic_design_cinecamursam40k_ef_ursa_4k_digital_cinema.html

A whopping TWO stars from 23 reviews. Yikes!

1 hour ago, Ed Hecht said:

My curiosity is now piqued for Canon's red-headed stepchild, based on this thread. Regarding the Ursa Mini, take a look at the ratings at B&H:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1137314-REG/blackmagic_design_cinecamursam40k_ef_ursa_4k_digital_cinema.html

A whopping TWO stars from 23 reviews. Yikes!

That's the Ursa Mini 4k and not the Ursa Mini 4.6k he meant, totally different sensor. Also it was already discussed in some thread here that people would have known what they get into with the 4k sensor if they read up beforehand (e.g. Absolutely no low light latitude). The quality control complaints are a valid topic though.