Aspect Ratio: 2.75:1

enny

Hi guys i have bmpcc and kowa B&H in premiere  how would one go about creating Aspect Ratio: 2.75:1 I know you have to crop or zoom in but how is this done And is there a plugin that would do this auto. And is 2.75:1 standard they use in Hollywood

Thanks guys

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi guys i have bmpcc and kowa B&H in premiere  how would one go about creating Aspect Ratio: 2.75:1 I know you have to crop or zoom in but how is this done And is there a plugin that would do this auto. And is 2.75:1 standard they use in Hollywood

Thanks guys

2.76:1 is the Ultra Panavision 70 and/or MGM Camera 65 widescreen aspect ratio (65mm film used & a 70mm print projected) - 35mm prints were 2.55:1.

Normal Hollywood Cinemascope is either 2.35:1 or 2.39:1 - you pick.

2K cinemascope is 2048 x 858 (2.39:1) - so you can produce Cinema 2k resolution cinemascope with that combo.

No idea how to do this in Premiere - can you do a custom timeline?

Thanks guys

create a timeline of 2.75:1

so 2970x1080

drag your footage into the timeline, then stretch the footage on the horizontal by 2x.  the sides will be cropped off.  You might find you can get away with stretching less than 2x - sometimes 1.8x will be ok - particularly for closeups, since anamorphic squeeze ratio is at infinity, when focused closer the squeeze ratio reduces quite drastically.  Use your own judgement - by eye is better than by the numbers.

Personally I think 2.66:1 is the golden ratio.  any wider and things get a little too thin.  - Unless you;re Tarrantino / Bob Richardson and able to make it work for the film:)