Adobe Premiere Pro CC Now Supports H.265 NX1 Files

nougat

5 hours ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

I edit in Resolve, but I run it and my 1440p monitor (as well as a 1080p and 720p monitor, for a total of 3 screens) off a GTX 970 with no issues. My system has 32 gigs of RAM, but I didn't think that affected its ability to drive hi-res monitors.

Cool. That's good to know. This is my first pc, I've always used a mac so I wasn't confident about the build. Yeah, I heard Speedgrade was not great for HEVC yet but I don't know if it's worth it for me to spend a grand on resolve for 4K. 

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 minutes ago, Hanriverprod said:

Cool. That's good to know. This is my first pc, I've always used a mac so I wasn't confident about the build. Yeah, I heard Speedgrade was not great for HEVC yet but I don't know if it's worth it for me to spend a grand on resolve for 4K. 

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

No problem! I just built a new machine myself. Feel free to hit me up with any other Windows questions. :) 

Keep in mind, if you want 4K and NR for Resolve, you can buy a dongle seperated from a Blackmagic camera kit for $200-400 on the BMC User forums. 

The bad news for Windows people is that H.265 is supported in every single version of Resolve except the free version for Windows. You'll need the paid version to work with it in Resolve for Windows at all, which makes Premiere your best bet at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

No problem! I just built a new machine myself. Feel free to hit me up with any other Windows questions. :) 

Keep in mind, if you want 4K and NR for Resolve, you can buy a dongle seperated from a Blackmagic camera kit for $200-400 on the BMC User forums. 

The bad news for Windows people is that H.265 is supported in every single version of Resolve except the free version for Windows. You'll need the paid version to work with it in Resolve for Windows at all, which makes Premiere your best bet at the moment. 

Did not know that. Man that clears up a lot of things in my head as far as what's feasible with my budget. And thanks for the offer for more advice, I'm sure I'll take you up on it.

• 5 months later...

So up until this point I have been trans-coding all my NX1 footage with RMMC to ProRes LT however I recently picked up a GTX 960 4GB on sale that has a HEVC hardware decoder. 

Using MPC-HC with hardware decoding turned on the HEVC footage plays back perfectly at full resolution (4k). However in premiere pro CC it still drops a significant amount of frames even at 1/4 resolution and even before I add it to a timeline.

Is there any settings I need to configure in premiere to turn on the GTX 960 HEVC decoder or for improve the playback engine to HEVC?

EDIT: I did check and CUDA support is turned on.