5D III RAW Resolve to FCPX to Resolve roundtrip workflow.

Ty Harper

Hey all,

I've been doing all of my raw editing and grading within Resolve 11 Lite and this weekend decided to try a roundtrip with FCPX. However it was a nightmare to say the least. I keep getting a "timecode extents do not match" error message. So far the only way I've been able to relink the files when I bring the fcpx xml file into Resolve for final grade has been by manually force conforming each clip with the original dng files... which is obviously not practical.

Does anyone have a tried tested and trusted settings for a 5D Raw to MLV Mystic to Resolve to FCPX (proxies for edit) back to Resolve (raw for final grade) workflow?

I am totally the dude that prefers to figure things out on my own and hates asking for help. But I spent three days tinkering and trial and erroring and trying to figure it out to no avail. So this is my last resort.

I honestly wish I could just edit/grade on Resolve bcuz I had fun doing my first edit in there, but the audio functions are really subpar and the inability to export just the audio is frustrating too.

Anyways, any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ty 

And I've been adding reel numbers too.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs