M43 for wildlife/birding

feanorfinwe

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Don't know. I like the 100-300mm (with custom r-roesch.de lens collar) for that, atleast that one is affordable with fairly decent performance (check out the GH4 Lumix special with Bence Máté, it trully shines there). I follow Jamie MacDonald, of course he said it was amazing (video below) and I bet it is... But just like the 150mm f/2.8 with teleconverter... you really need to ask yourself if it's worth getting. And the crop factor helps to zoom, but I'm still not convinced of the M43 format being the best choice for more serious photography. I'd be thinking something like the 7DmkII would still be a bit nicer for those kind of things. And if you're spending money, you can get enough other awesome bits of gear.

Olympus 300mm and Leica 100-400mm comming in Q1 2016...

m43_vs_apsc.jpg

For wildlife with a 600mm lens you will want at least 1/600th shutter so you will need to raise the iso, the iso in the 7d mark ii is far far better than the G7.  Also 10fps and better auto focus on the canon is alot better than 8fps with not very good af