Looking for a lens

DanC1

Hi, I'm looking for a relatively cheap single focus anamorphic lens 1.5-2x. I'm relatively new to this and have seen a few things advertised on eBay such as an Isco anamorphic set up which works at wider apertures and you just focus with the attachment with the taking lens set to infinity. I'd appreciate any help with this as that set up looks quite heavy - needs a support frame. 

Any ideas on what to buy appreciated my budget is up to £500

Thanks

Dan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

unfortunately you're not going to find anything within budget that fulfils your requirements.   The iscoramas are not very heavy at all.  pretty much everything else of a single focus nature will be heavier.  unfortunately an iscorama is around 3x your budget.  maybe a slr magic 1.33x?  it's not 100% single focus but preowned should come in on budget.  

there are plenty of dual focus options that will fulfil the aesthetic and optical quality requirements.  maybe look there (kowa, sankor, etc) then plan a purchase of one of the multiple focus units that are currently on offer.  slr magic rangefinder, FM lens and Rectilux.  get a good dual focus setup and then its just a case of saving for a focus unit.

unfortunately you're not going to find anything within budget that fulfils your requirements.   The iscoramas are not very heavy at all.  pretty much everything else of a single focus nature will be heavier.  unfortunately an iscorama is around 3x your budget.  maybe a slr magic 1.33x?  it's not 100% single focus but preowned should come in on budget.  

there are plenty of dual focus options that will fulfil the aesthetic and optical quality requirements.  maybe look there (kowa, sankor, etc) then plan a purchase of one of the multiple focus units that are currently on offer.  slr magic rangefinder, FM lens and Rectilux.  get a good dual focus setup and then its just a case of saving for a focus unit.

Thanks for the reply, I bought the eoshd guide and found a sankor 16c reasonably priced so went for that!