Your ideal NX1 Settings

Geoff CB

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 hours ago, kevindba said:

KarimNassar

Wow.  What camera setup did you use here? Also how do you compare the NX1 to the D800?  I was very close to picking up a D800 but went Samsung.

thanks D800 with 105mm f2.8G lens. I first graded in Lightroom then retouched in PS.

The D800 is utterly amazing and I am still very happy with it. I strictly bought the crazy priced discounted NX1 because I wanted a light 4k video camera to have some fun with. So I haven't taken a single photograph with it yet. I can't inform you regarding the comparison.

3 hours ago, KarimNassar said:

thanks D800 with 105mm f2.8G lens. I first graded in Lightroom then retouched in PS.

The D800 is utterly amazing and I am still very happy with it. I strictly bought the crazy priced discounted NX1 because I wanted a light 4k video camera to have some fun with. So I haven't taken a single photograph with it yet. I can't inform you regarding the comparison.

You should try the NX1 photography, it will surprise you a lot. 

On 2-5-2016 at 1:55 AM, ricardo_sousa11 said:

Could only check the cam now, here are the settings :

Normal Gamma | Saturation -4 | Sharpness -10 | Contrast - 3 | Master Black Level +15 (this is still to be tweaked, maybe at 8-10 should be better to avoid banding).

These are def. my fav settings so far, they remind me a lot of canon flat profile, and already look good on its own, even better graded.

You meant Gamma DR? You can't change the saturation/sharpness/contract in Normal Gamma

2 minutes ago, ricardo_sousa11 said:

You can, when you choose normal gamma, it applies the photo settings, so if you change the photo changes, they apply to the video.

I don't understand this. What do you mean by photo settings? we're talking video here right. I can't adjust saturation/sharpness/contrast in the photo menu options

2 minutes ago, baksteen said:

I don't understand this. What do you mean by photo settings? we're talking video here right. I can't adjust saturation/sharpness/contrast in the photo menu options

You know there are "standard, vivid,monochrome..." and so on menu, right ? choose custom, then apply these settings, then go to video and choose normal gamma, that way the camera will follow those custom settings that you applied.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ricardo_sousa11 said:

Once a month I come here update with new shoots and stuff, everytime I get here, im disapointed to see this thread so dead, cmon people! Lets share those incredible NX1 shots!

It is so hard to compete with you :-).

But maybe better than nothing - some shots from your homeland :-). Standard, MBL+8,0-255 -> 16-235, contrast -2, 180Mbps source footage

18 minutes ago, Pavel Mašek said:

Thank you! Weather could be better at the beginnig of May (I had to cancel some trips) but it was great! I finally visited Pico Areiro/Ruivo and Levada Norte :-)

Yeah, you didnt get too lucky on weather, its quite sunny today but most of the month was quite cloudy/rainy. You got amazing shots of the island, congrats!

12 hours ago, /Chop N Shoot Films/ said:

So has everyone stopped shooting with GammaDR?

I find Gamma DR excellent for low light situations. The lighting situation was near impossible. My main light source being a tiny window, weather outside being cloudy.

Screenshot-(544).jpg

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 5:42 PM, /Chop N Shoot Films/ said:

So has everyone stopped shooting with GammaDR?

Yeah pretty much, seem to get better color in camera than trying to shoot it in flat and adjusting in post. Plus is makes for a much faster workflow. Mostly shoot Gamma Normal, Vivid setting, -2 sat, -9 sharpening, +6 black level now.  Also gave up shooting 0-255, it gives a tiny bit more latitude, but I just became sick of adjusting every clip I brought into my editor.

gamma c 

-3 saturation, -10 sharpness +15 master pedestal (raised mp to mimic technicolor cinestyle 16-255 range) 0-255 

grain added in post with filmconvert. Cant wait for filmconvert to finish the Samsung NX1 profile they are working on. That's gonna be fun