NX500 - How similar to NX1?

Simon Shasha

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of grabbing the NX500 and a few Samsung pancake lenses for use with my gimbal.

Just wanted to know - is the NX500 identical to the NX1, except for the lack of 120FPS and the slight crop in 4K?

Also, when shooting video, can autofocus be controlled via an Andriod tablet/phone?

Thanks in advance to any replies 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have the NX500, but not the NX1. The main difference, in my opinion, is the lack of DR Gamma in the NX500, but it seems some people aren't using that function with the NX1, but most are. 

I don't use any of the native lenses with the NX500, so that's a question for someone else. 

As NX1 owner - I've often considered the NX500 as a second camera.  Top things that have held me back are: no DIS for video.  significant crop in 4k.  Of less concern but still present:  no EVF, no mic jack, no peaking in 4k.  Things that are differences, but are not of concern to me are no Gamma DR,  70 MB/srather than 100 as the recording size. Advantages I appreciate are lighter weight and selfie screen LCD position option.

To me if the used or sale price is within $500 difference I would go for the NX1 - which will be the case in the future, I predict.

With the 12-24 it is 28.8mm, not very wide, but still workable, and quite wider than the 38mm. I believe works good as a B-cam, the crop factor cleverly used, can be an advantage, as the dissent (for the price) 45mm becomes 108mm, perfect for an interview close up. The only major disadvantage I can see is the lack of DIS, I would really like to see that, and I think that it can be done internally. I am that person looking to spend 500 (euros in my case) on a 4K camera and lens ( so I can't really complain about the DIS, but still..) !