A7R2 with Zeiss 16-70 f/4 or Sony 18-105 f/4 for 4K video?

tellure

I'm looking for a zoom with a decent range and good quality for general walkaround / travel video on the A7R2 in 4K.  I'm fine with shooting APS-C (mostly better quality / ISO anyways on the A7R2 except for the rolling shutter).  Two lenses I'm considering are (links to DXOMark reviews which were just posted recently):

Zeiss 16-70 F4 OSS

Sony 18-105 F4 OSS

Anyone here have any experience shooting with either of these on the A7R2?  Think they have enough resolution for 4K?  It's a bit troubling that DXOMark rates the 16-70 as only having 8 perceptual megapixels of sharpness and the 18-105 as 9 P-Mpix.  Overall they don't seem like stellar lenses but the zoom ranges, weight, OSS, and native auto-focusing performance are all big plusses.  The 18-105 also has a powerzoom which could be fun to play with for some shots.

Any other lenses in this range that people would recommend for this purpose?  Or wait for the rumored f/2.8 zooms Sony is supposedly working on for FE-mount?

Thanks for any help!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Here's a  good review of the 18-105 on the stills side. http://admiringlight.com/blog/review-sony-e-pz-18-105mm-f4-g-oss/

Looking at flickr samples with cameras like the 24mp a6000, it should do a nice job with 4k.

I'm getting one to use with the A7rII, they can be found around $400 used, it looks like it'll be a good run and gun lens. The rumored 2.8 zooms are likely to be priced around $3000 if the A-mount is any indication. You're talking about a different class of lens cost-wise. I'd adapt a used Canon 2.8 (both MKII's can be found around $1600, and they're the best 2.8 zooms on the market) before sinking that kind of cash into a new lens.

YMMV