Fcpx Vimeo question

DanC1

Hi all, I'm new here and very new to dslr video making. I recently went on holiday to France and made a short video of my trip rock climbing. I filmed it on the bmpcc in proresHQ and practiced grading in fcpx on my MacBook Pro. It was only short 2mins and I shared it to Vimeo from fcpx. There seems to be some significant quality changes during this including the video seeming weird as it cuts between shots. I have previously tried compressing with handbrake to h264 codec then uploading as per Vimeo guidelines but the quality is even worse when I do this. I wondered if anyone could help / advise me on best way? Cheers. Dan. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi all, I'm new here and very new to dslr video making. I recently went on holiday to France and made a short video of my trip rock climbing. I filmed it on the bmpcc in proresHQ and practiced grading in fcpx on my MacBook Pro. It was only short 2mins and I shared it to Vimeo from fcpx. There seems to be some significant quality changes during this including the video seeming weird as it cuts between shots. I have previously tried compressing with handbrake to h264 codec then uploading as per Vimeo guidelines but the quality is even worse when I do this. I wondered if anyone could help / advise me on best way? Cheers. Dan. 

You'll get better results if you export the master file from FCPX & then upload to Vimeo in ProRes Proxy, not H264.

Thanks for the replys, I think when you share directly with Vimeo it chooses the settings for you - as you don't create a file on your computer. I assumed Vimeo optimised the settings this way but it seems not to work that well and I see so many great quality videos on Vimeo I wondered where I was going wrong! I'll definitley try rendering a prores proxy file and then uploading that. 

Thanks for the replys, I think when you share directly with Vimeo it chooses the settings for you - as you don't create a file on your computer. I assumed Vimeo optimised the settings this way but it seems not to work that well and I see so many great quality videos on Vimeo I wondered where I was going wrong! I'll definitley try rendering a prores proxy file and then uploading that. 

Lots of trial & error - you could also try ProRes LT.