Yet Another NX500 Color Test

mercer

Attach the elastic bands to the handle & then you gently pull them one way or the other - the more you add or the stronger the band, the slower/smoother the pan. This was a tip from a professional who said until you get used to the amount of tension needed for a smooth pan (or get a better tripod, which allows you to alter the tension), this method would teach you as well as giving you smooth panning shots.

Sounds stupid, but really works!

That makes sense. I'll have to give that a try. I just bought that Sirui Monopod, should get it in a few days, maybe I'll be smoother with that. I also have, but never tried, a battery operated head used for security cams. If I remember correctly, it rotates 360 degrees, has 3 different speeds and a remote control. I should dig that out too. A slider is on my wish list too. Thanks again for your help. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

That makes sense. I'll have to give that a try. I just bought that Sirui Monopod, should get it in a few days, maybe I'll be smoother with that. I also have, but never tried, a battery operated head used for security cams. If I remember correctly, it rotates 360 degrees, has 3 different speeds and a remote control. I should dig that out too. A slider is on my wish list too. Thanks again for your help. 

Let us know what your thoughts are about the Sirui Monopod - i'm really tempted, but just not sure how much of a hassle it will be at concerts etc... Maybe too much for that sort of run'n'gun situation.

Let us know what your thoughts are about the Sirui Monopod - i'm really tempted, but just not sure how much of a hassle it will be at concerts etc... Maybe too much for that sort of run'n'gun situation.

Do they let you into concerts with tripods/monopods? Supposedly, it collapses to 27 inches, if you put a small head on it, it could be tiny enough. Yeah, I'll definitely post my thoughts. Am heading back down to the boardwalk with it next week, so I'll let you know. 

Do you know of a small video head that would work well with it? I guess since it has fluid panning built into the monopod, a basic head would do but I would rather have something with an arm and the ability to pan. I've seen a few videos where the videographer rests the arm in their armpit to add another point of contact. Then with slight body movements, they can get some pretty cool slight jib and pan effects. Easy trick for slight cinematic movement. I looked at the benro s2 and it seems cheap enough with decent reviews, but I'd rather spend 50 bucks or less. 

Do they let you into concerts with tripods/monopods? Supposedly, it collapses to 27 inches, if you put a small head on it, it could be tiny enough. Yeah, I'll definitely post my thoughts. Am heading back down to the boardwalk with it next week, so I'll let you know. 

Do you know of a small video head that would work well with it? I guess since it has fluid panning built into the monopod, a basic head would do but I would rather have something with an arm and the ability to pan. I've seen a few videos where the videographer rests the arm in their armpit to add another point of contact. Then with slight body movements, they can get some pretty cool slight jib and pan effects. Easy trick for slight cinematic movement. I looked at the benro s2 and it seems cheap enough with decent reviews, but I'd rather spend 50 bucks or less. 

They let you in with whatever you want if you're with the band - if you're just a member of the audience, no chance!

No idea about which head to choose - try asking Zak on the other thread.