Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera

Jimmy

5 hours ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

I'm just surprised that they even bothered.

They should have made a camera that was better for compact handheld work (Ikonoskop style) - larger than the BMPCC, smaller than the BMCC (you could rig it a little or use as is). Have an internal EVF (no poor screen), make it s16/s35 switchable, make it either 1080p or 2.5k & give it 60p for the slow-mo freaks.

They could still do this & kill the market dead!

That camera basically exists. It's called the Kinemini 4K.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 hours ago, Zak Forsman said:

No 4:1 on the Micro. Up to 30fps, you have the options of RAW and RAW 3:1. At 60fps, You only have RAW 3:1 available.

Thanks Zak, I really appreciate it! 

After some research I'm getting the Sandisk "extreme pros 95MB", any new discoveries worth knowing about when it comes to SDs?

6 minutes ago, cojocaru27 said:

thx, shijan, the files seem to be corrupted or maybe i'm doing something wrong trying to open dng

they are 2:1 and 3:1 compressed DNGs so may not work in outdated apps and operating systems. use last version of Davinci Resolve for sure.

2 hours ago, cojocaru27 said:

Zak, can you please share some raw footage of the camera in the topic dedicated to camera's footage? thank you. Was looking everywhere to find some files to have a proper look and couldn't find anything.

I'm sorry, I would love to but the docs and commercial work I've shot so far has either been for clients, so i don't own it, or is part of a short film that I'm shooting on nights and weekends. But it looks like Shijan hooked you up.

21 hours ago, Zak Forsman said:

I'm sorry, I would love to but the docs and commercial work I've shot so far has either been for clients, so i don't own it, or is part of a short film that I'm shooting on nights and weekends. But it looks like Shijan hooked you up.

i do understand. Thank you anyways. Waiting for @EOSHD_Twitter Andrew (didn't know hot to tag him) do make a proper review of the little monster. Am i wrong or he got one from BM a while ago? thanks

@Zak Forsman is the FPN a RAW issue only or is it present also in ProRes?

I still have to test my Micro for that  problem, because I'm far from home to shot a music video with my GH4.
In the meantime I noticed that BlackMagic Video Assist drop frames at 50p (ProRes 422 HQ) while it doesn't in ProRess 422... 

Thank you!! :) 

10 minutes ago, Zak Forsman said:

it's in both.

:(
Thank you very much for your help!

I hope it is something manageable that does not compromise the usability of the camera... I still have my GH4 but I'd love to shot my next gig with that.
If the overall quality is good I'll keep it... In this moment I'm sorry that I have not here with me to make some tests... I hope at the end of the week I'll have some hours to try it.

Do you think this Rollei Cage could work for both Micro and GH4?

Excuse if I bother you, but I love the images you made with GH4, so I'm sure you know exactly the pro and the cons of both :)

http://www.rollei.com/products/tripods/video-tripods-video-accessories/rolleiflex-4k-s-cage,p252124

The only thing worries me is that this Smallrig cage seems can be easy bended if connect top handle and attach heavy rig at the bottom. There are only two thin connections with a lot of drilled holes between up and bottom cheese plates. Lets wrote them about this issue if you think same, maybe they can improve design.