Sony A7RII PlayMemories potential apps?

exomonkeyman

Hello Guys, iv'e been impressed with the amount of god apps on the A7 cameras, sucks that you can spent £2000+ on a camera and you don't get any for free (Timelaps,StarTrails,MotionShot,SmoothReflections) Being some of the cool ones (MultiFrameNR,BracketPro,Lense Compensation) Being some of the ones that should probably already be on the camera.

I must ask do you rekon it's possible they could add a LUT Loader app similar to the LiveView Grading App but it lets you load at least one LUT of your choice to view live. That would be super cool cool.

Perhaps even a Ghost Overlay App, allows you to take a photo or video and overlay it over the top of your live view to match up two shots up or plates in VFX terms.

Even the ability to use your phone/tablet as an External Monitor App just like how the Smart Remote Control App works but without that whole second menu thing you get on the camera when using that app. If you know what i mean? Perhaps even with the audio level and crop borders to be displayed in vide mode (great for framing and showing your client)

Do you guys reckon this is possible? The apps cost a bit when you add the fact that you want to but loads of them but would be cool to see these features.

Let me know if you would like to see them as well. I must be alone.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Last I checked, you can't even get remote (WiFI) VIDEO viewing of the video image through the PlayMemory apps, like you can using Panasonic cameras.  The Panasonic implementation is amazing.  You can set focus on your smartphone when in video/photo mode.  

I haven't look at the SONY API lately, but my guess is that any video LUT application is not going to happen.  Unlike Panasonic, SONY puts the app on many kinds of cameras, from action cams, camcorders to their mirrorless.  So you have a lowest-common denominator thing going where they only provide API calls that work across all cameras.  Also, video seems to be the lowest priority in the API functions.

Here's their list

https://developer.sony.com/develop/cameras/device-support/

Last I checked, you can't even get remote (WiFI) VIDEO viewing of the video image through the PlayMemory apps, like you can using Panasonic cameras.  The Panasonic implementation is amazing.  You can set focus on your smartphone when in video/photo mode.  

I haven't look at the SONY API lately, but my guess is that any video LUT application is not going to happen.  Unlike Panasonic, SONY puts the app on many kinds of cameras, from action cams, camcorders to their mirrorless.  So you have a lowest-common denominator thing going where they only provide API calls that work across all cameras.  Also, video seems to be the lowest priority in the API functions.

Here's their list

https://developer.sony.com/develop/cameras/device-support/

When i used remote wifi i was able to view what my camera screen sees on my nexus 7 tablet. Pretty cool. It started quite laggy but after a few second it was showing it live with little lag. I must retry use it again.

Damn would be cool to have some more video related apps. Thx for the list.

Unlikely to happen as Sony is more concerned about cannibalizing their similar products than they are at providing customers with the best possible experience and product. An example of this is offering 120 frames @ 1080p, slog3 and live display on the A7Sii but not on the A7Rii. These features would have been simple to implement on the A7Rii but I guess Sony was concerned they wouldn't sell enough A7Siis. The fact Sony comes out with so many new bodies per year is another example of their disregard for existing customers.