Backround for actors

enny

Hi guys i am shooting a music video no  budget at all but would like to make it as good as possible. I have tight shoots of actors should i film them against background of some sort or just use what i have on set i am thinking have them away from the window like 5 ft and use the windows as background probably say away from white walls ps its not budget so no lights. Below is the studio image of what i have to work with any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

Thanks

fd0ff37c13544c11c8940b459c9edfcd_8d7b.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

For a dance song:

In this kind of window, with 3 cheap laser pointers (green, red and purple) i aim each square with the lasers from behind (outside the window) and move then to get a crazy Dance floor effect with 0 budget. 

Purple laser aren't so powerfull, but green are georgeus!

Ciao, 
I shot the "infinite black" part of this video with just a black fabric, one light as key light and one for the background.

The flare effect you can see (especially from 1:45 to the end of the song) was made with just a 1 led light (a cheap Qudos in "spot" modality, but you can achieve it with any flashlight) pointing it directly to the lens in time with the song, in order to obtain a J.J. Abrams-esque flares. If you want to change color just put a piece of colored gel in front of your light or add more lights for more colors and flares.

Hope that can helps you ;) 

Hi guys i am shooting a music video no  budget at all but would like to make it as good as possible. I have tight shoots of actors should i film them against background of some sort or just use what i have on set i am thinking have them away from the window like 5 ft and use the windows as background probably say away from white walls ps its not budget so no lights. Below is the studio image of what i have to work with any ideas would be appreciated

What kind of music is it & what kind of video do they want?

How are you going to dress the room?

That window & brick wall looks nice.

The white walls could be your biggest problem or you could use them for filming shadows.

If there is no budget for dressing that space I'd beg, borrow or steal whatever lights you can get hold of. If you can rig lights behind that big window, that would instantly make a lovely backlight or diffused key. If shooting with a camera that performs well in low light, you could kill all light in the room and fire a video projector from outside that window - projecting some ambient or dynamic light effects through that window. That with a combination of some led soft light for performers could look interesting. If you can get hold of a decent tungsten fresnel or other powerful lamp, you could pan and move the light source from outside that window whilst the room is filled with smoke or haze. That would add some dynamic looks/ moving shadows to that room that could be cool if it suits the music style. If zero lights are available, and that window allows sunlight in (and you are filming in daylight) you could use it as a natural soft light source  - tape up the window with trace paper to diffuse the light (if needed) and go with natural light and the white walls should allow bounce to occur naturally. Black drapes could be employed for negative fill/ background or/and control light spill from window.

Hi guys thanks for all the reply's basically what the music video will be is if you image 3 screens one beside each others at same time showing all 3 members of a garage band at same time instead of one shoot with edits but since we will have close up shoots on one screen medium on another and full shoot on 3th and use editing to show each band member or one in all 3 screens. I have st of Softbox Lighting Kit (pic below of my kit) i will use bmpcc with 50mm and 24mm yashica ml 2.8 lens for the shoot shooting it all in ProRes  it will be shoot day time from 7 am to 4pm

I am thinking just to have them playing in front to the glass and use it as light source and back drop

thanks guys

619eWJbuDrL._SX522_.jpg