Well, I sold the 1dc and bought a...

Shield3

That being said, I probably wouldn't use the FS700 without the recorder. 

You wouldn't use it without the recorder?  Have you become a 4k snob? :)  I wouldn't use it probably without the speedbooster, but I find the image lovely coming straight off the camera (well, some light grading).  It looks better than the 1dc did in FF mode.

I realize I'm on the wrong forum if I'm thrilled about getting a camera from 2-3 years ago, but I love this FS700.  I don't need to use my LCDVFE anymore, the audio is much better, I'm saving HD space and workflow time.  My wife's entire family was here yesterday - total of 7 kids - went out and shot and was able to just throw the SD card into the USB on the TV and watch it back right away - same for the Halloween footage last night.  Yes I'd love to have the 7q but it'd never work out for handheld run and gun stuff.  I will probably pick up an A7s2 once the price drops a bit, but of course I'll have to remember to bring my external mic and ND filer set (with step up adatpers).  I don't know guys - this change makes me excited about shooting again, which is all that matters to me.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Bah.  It looks really good to me.  My Sigma 18-35 1.8 will be here in a couple days - can't wait to use that with the speedbooster.

I cannot stop shooting either 1FPS timelapse type stuff or 240FPS.  I bought the little $100 18-55 IS and the AF in video mode is way better than I though with face detection.  Great little camcorder, this FS700.

You wouldn't use it without the recorder?  Have you become a 4k snob? :)  I wouldn't use it probably without the speedbooster, but I find the image lovely coming straight off the camera (well, some light grading).  It looks better than the 1dc did in FF mode.

The 4k recorder is not a huge expense, considering the amount of quality it adds to your work. The down sampled 1080p/10 bit/422 Pro Res files are very nice as well. 

I don't think the Sigma 18-35 is going to cover that sensor with a speed booster. If you get the non speed booster version, it will.