Darn it, banned again from DVXUSER!

Ed_David

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Basically I posted about reduser.net - their other website - and how it was faking or using bots to make the amount of people viewing it to make it seem bigger than it was.  Posted that on reduser then got banned then posted it on dvxuser and got banned.

Beyond that, I also said on reduser.net how Red has gone in the wrong direction.  That the red one was revolutionary and the red epic was basically more of the same but with poor ergonomically ideas and overheating issues that didn't make it conducive towards narrative work (giant fan noises) and only one hd-sdi out port and horrible audio options.  Then the red dragon which they said was 20+ stops of dynamic range (and then they deny) was a flop because either you use it with the low light filter and dynamic range barely increases or the highlight filter and you have a camera that is only clean up to 320 ASA. And how they get people's hopes up then let them down is bad marketing and they need to be more realistic.  And again, people are excited for the Weapon and the Raven, but honestly I don't know how much of an improvement this is.

I don't think they liked that.

And yes, I was being critical of them on their own website, but it was constructive criticism.  I knew I would get banned especially for calling out their "fake" view counts, but it was me just being me.  Truth to power.

Red was pretty important in the shift of the industry.  They effectively, along with the Canon 5d Mark II lowered the price by hundreds of thousands of dollars of cinema cameras.  They also kind of spurred the movement where younger nontraditional people could advance faster to positions of directors of photography.  So they have that to thank for - and I own two red one mx.  They are a fascinating company. Jim Jinnard is a fascinating leader - he is like the weird billionare guy on "Silicon Valley" or like Mark Cuban - and he made the company pretty exciting.  He is like the Commandant from "Beasts of Nowhere" - kind of a bully, but a father figure.

But now it seems like Blackmagic design is disrupting the system with Resolve and their cameras.

Also now Sony is back into the game.

And Arri has survived the transition to digital from film.

I think on a nerdy level it's all pretty interesting.

DVX user - been around forever. Odd mix of experienced guys and newbie-kids posting about how to screw more junk onto their "rigs".

There are guys in the audio forum that really, really know their stuff and are very helpful. Key & Peele's DP posts long, detailed breakdowns of how many of those skits are shot, immense amount of ideas for doing quality work very quickly. And then a zillion posts about "should I get this amazon 3-light 100 watt flo setup to shoot my zombie feature film".  So, kind of the usual.

I've posted my DIY HMI projects there and gotten into some good discussions; there's a ton of stuff there going back for years if you search.

• Administrators

I wasn't even being a jerk this time! They found out I was banned before for life.  

This is my only forum now besides nofilmschool and cinematography.com.  Until I get banned here.

Shall I rename this forum DVXrefugees?

Personally, I wear my ban as a badge of honour.

In a time of universal deceit....

I wasn't banned, I'm just stalking Ed. I've been a member here for ages but I haven't been active on any forum for a while because I've been focusing on making my feature.

We had a Red one at film school, I never touched it, shot everything on a 5DMKII.

Thx E.

• Administrators

In a time of universal deceit....

I wasn't banned, I'm just stalking Ed. I've been a member here for ages but I haven't been active on any forum for a while because I've been focusing on making my feature.

We had a Red one at film school, I never touched it, shot everything on a 5DMKII.

Thx E.

Good to see you again