Aliasing and Moire on the A7Rii Vs A7ii ??

Dean

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2015 at 9:19 AM, richg101 said:

Agreed.  I'd also say that unless you;re shooting on an external recorder, 100mbs simply aint enough for a log profile and the associated hassle.  With so many 'LUTs' being made by people with no understanding of what they're actually meant to do I see most s-log footage being 'lutted' to the point where the original dynamic range could have been 7 stops and the delivered result would look the same.  I don;t think I'd ever select one of the log profiles.  I;d rather shoot in Neutral with the contrast and sharpening dialled down and actually feed the in camera compression algorithm with something nearer the final result so more information is dedicated to detail that'll make it into a rec709 crush down. Let the zebras protect highlights and pull shadows up in post if required!:)

glad someone finally said it. The LOG profile can do more harm than good ! Cine4 , Cine1 and autumn picture style is the best. Autumn picture style always gave me the best color

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs