New Samsung NX1 short "The Curator"

Sekhar

Samsung has released the next promo short for its NX!: The Curator. It's way better than the previous "Yvonne" short, and I still need to go through it end-to-end, but it looked generally good in my first quick view. The things I immediately disliked though were: it's overly sharp (I wonder if they left it at default 0), has too many spots with blown highlights that draw attention, and the grading is both inconsistent and unappealing (to me). Please share your opinions.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Cool. We actually shot a feature film with the NX1 and the SLR Magic anamorphic adapters. Here is a link to the trailer:  https://vimeo.com/138589715  I hope the rumors about Samsung getting rid of the NX camera division are untrue. I love the imagery of the NX1.

Wow, congrats! I like the look of your shots, and the trailer is intriguing. What's the status of this, release wise?

When premiere supports h.265 nativly im sure im going to get this camera. the 4k is exceptional.

As you know, h.265 is highly compressed, I'm not sure the codec will hold up too well to native editing... Or at least grading and correcting. Transcoding to prores, or similar, is pretty painless.