European Retailer for Mosaic Engineering Anti-Aliasing Filter?!?

MattN.

Hey, folks,

does anyone of you know whether there are (online) shops within the EU that distribute Mosaic Engineering's anti-aliasing filter? M.E. themselves charge 40 USD extra for delivery from the US to Germany excluding(!) customs dues. I feel like there should be a way to avoid these high charges and still get the product. Anyone with some advise?

Greetings,

Matthias

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 weeks later...

It can appear softer out of camera, as it's not got a lot of "false detail". But once you sharpen it up there's more there and it's cleaner. It also responds better to colour correction as the bits aren't wasted on false colour and detail etc...

I've been inter-cutting 550D plus filter with some C300 stuff and it's working fine... delivery of that project is not 1080 though, at 1080 you can tell the difference.

There are no issues with wide angles as far as I've found so far, The change in focus distance appears pretty immaterial.

Cheers, that's reassuring as i've tried to sharpen footage in post, but you can't go too far as it looks shit.

So far i've only been turning down the in-camera sharpness for close ups & slowly adding it depending on the shot (2 is my normal setting & i use 3 for distance shots).

I'm also using CINEMA PS & now LIGHTFORM PS, which allow you to do more in post - well worth a try if you're using Canon cameras. 

Ah cheers I'll check out those two. I've also tested the in-camera sharpness with filter VS post sharpness, and the in-camera still looks horrible compared. it's just so coarse and has bad halos. My favorite is the multi-frequency sharpening built into Neat Video, it's pretty smart.

Great, totally forgot about Neat Video - think i came across it when i was lacking in funds.

I have found some free plug-ins for FCPX & there is a new "Unsharpen Mask" which i've been trying out.

I'm really tempted to get a new camera, but at the moment i need my 60D for photography & all the alternatives just don't match it.

I was really tempted with the cheap RED One - hopefully something decent will be released this year, but i think that's just wishful thinking! 

I think I would have gone for the BMCC if it were actually going to appear any time soon, but the delay is just going on and on and on and on and... you get the picture.

Too many vaporware products that get announced and then don't turn up in reasonable quantities, so I'll just wait and get better at shooting in the meantime.

So as it is this filter means my £250 body can cut with the £15000 C300, so I'm happy.