is there a reason I shouldn't buy the slr magic 12mm lens for my gh2?

craigbuckley

I saved up enough money and currently selling my 20 millimeter Panasonic lens so I am going to buy the SLR magic lens (wide angle). is there any reason I shouldn't get this lens ? I need a good wide angle lens for my GH 2 ...

And my other question , if I do own the slr magic 12 mm and also the Canon FD 50 millimeter , what are some other focal lengths that I should get to have a good collection of lenses for a film shoot .

12mm , 50mm, what other lengths would be good to have with the collection? Thanks so much.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
I think there is nothing to justify. One needs at least the three classical lenses to choose from in a given situation. Wide angle ranges between 7 and 17,5 for MFT, standard between 20 and 25, 35-50 can be labelled portrait lenses, and 50 and above tele. From the good and fast wide lenses suitable for MFT, the SLR magic is still the least expensive.

thanks a ton guys. I am going to go with the SLR... 

I have 2 other questions I was wondering if anyone could help with: 

1. I'm going to get a "standard" lens as well and I think I am going to get the canon FD 24mm or the canon FD 28mm (I am going with the canon FD's because I already have that adapter for the gh2) - are these decent lenses? Of the two, which would be better? (should i just spend more and get that C mount pentax cosmicar 25mm?)

2. And my second is kind of unrelated but I still can't find an answer. Can someone recommend a good viewfinder for the gh2 that will help block the sun? I use the EVF thats built in but I can't see what I am shooting when its really sunny out so I need SOMETHING to help me shoot outside and see what I'm shooting. 

thanks a ton guys. I am going to go with the SLR... 

I have 2 other questions I was wondering if anyone could help with: 

1. I'm going to get a "standard" lens as well and I think I am going to get the canon FD 24mm or the canon FD 28mm (I am going with the canon FD's because I already have that adapter for the gh2) - are these decent lenses? Of the two, which would be better? (should i just spend more and get that C mount pentax cosmicar 25mm?)

2. And my second is kind of unrelated but I still can't find an answer. Can someone recommend a good viewfinder for the gh2 that will help block the sun? I use the EVF thats built in but I can't see what I am shooting when its really sunny out so I need SOMETHING to help me shoot outside and see what I'm shooting. 

get the sigma 24mm f2.8 FD Mount its a great lens (it is canon FD Mount )

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-Sigma-24mm-f2-8-Macro-FD-manual-focus-lens-for-A1-AE1-F1-T70-Nice-Ex-/400370066571?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item5d37ea648b

This is the point where you either put a makeshift bigger eyepiece around the existing EVF of the GH2
or
buy an external monitor with a big and clumsy sunshade (or the new OLED smallHD for 1200 bucks)
or
buy the Zacuto EVF, which is not sharper than the built-in one, but has the, er, advantage of being independently positionable.

The display has not enough resolution to focus properly, so forget this. This is an option forcthe GH3.