Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lafilm

Ikonoskop A-Cam DII vs. Blackmagic Cinema Camera

10 posts in this topic

Nope. Sounds wrong. I mean if you want to save space why go RAW in the first place. The Ikonskop claims to be Super 16mm size but actually it's smaller.

Ikonoskop sensor is about the same size as the Thomson Viper camera's sensor. Some pretty good looking films have been shot with it, being slightly larger so it's the same as super 16 would probably not make much of a difference.

Super 16mm      12.52 x 07.41 mm

Ikonoskop          10.6 X 6mm

It would make a difference and it isn't right to claim it as being Super 16mm sized.

That aside The guy was saying the Ikonoskop was better than a BMC because it had less resolution and was super 16mm sized. Both reasons are really an attempt at trying to jusify his purchase  as being better than a BMC an argument that is completely flawed..  

These terms are an approximation, APS-C is often referred to as Super 35 size, and they're not the exact same size either.

The projection aperture for Super16mm film is 11.76 by 7.08 mm, so the difference is not that big, and you can definitely use Super 16mm lenses.

Why would you project Super 16mm ? It was developed for blow up to 35mm.

I shoot on Super 16mm and have the footage transferred to edit in digital I certainly wouldnt be showing it on a projector.

I would agree with that statement.

A shame we cannot get more footage from the Ikonoskop.

Seems most people (especially in US) just do not have this cam.

That camera resolves a lot of detail.  Just wish vimeo didn't crush it so badly - 1) highlights, 2) banding, 3) magenta cast.  I hope those are all vimeo issues.

I agree.

Hopefully soon more Ikonoskop A-Cam Dll owner/operators will release thier footage so we can answer those questions.

Would love to see a narrative feature or serious 10 minute + short film (narrative) and really see what the Ikonoskop can do.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• FS: (UK EU) Blackmagic Video Assist 4K NEW
      By Muttondraw
      I am selling a BlackMagic Video Assist 4K which was purchased from 3D Broadcast, comes with warranty from them. My plans have changed so I don't need it any more. I have only used it for testing and playing with so it is as new in mint condition, latest firmware. £599
    • FOR SALE: Various accessories: Blackmagic Hyperdeck Shuttle 2, HD Link,...
      By Olivier Vanaschen
      Hello,
      I am selling the following items. Payment by Paypal. Here's my e-mail: olivier@theblacksheep.be

Blackmagic Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 + Tilta 15mm support and V-Lock plate + Dtap cable
      It's HD 10bit Prores 422HQ (or uncompressed 4:2:2) recorder placed inside a dedicated Titla 15mm rods support with a V-Lock plate on the back. Great system, I used it with a FS100/700, C100, D800,... The connector of the SDI output of the Hyperdeck is broken. Everything else works perfectly. On the Tilta plate, only the Dtap is active, the other outputs never worked well (I taped them off to avoid using them). Included is a Dtap to DC cable to power the Hyperdeck from the V-Lock plate (it's the same cable for the BMCC).
      Price: 200 EUR + shipping (33 EUR to most countries)

Blackmagic HDLink
      Little magic box that converts SDI to DVI/HDMI. Accepts 1DLut. Usually used in post-production but I used it as a 1D Lut Box on a camera via a HawkWoods 5V dtap cable. No AC power included (takes DC 5V 2.A, easy to find on Ebay).
      Price: 100 EUR + shipping (13 EUR to most countries)

Petrol PLMD-2 Monitor Bag
      Brand new, unused Monitor Bag from Petrol.
      Price: 90 EUR + shipping (from 17 to 50 EUR)

Small HD DP6 Canon battery plate
      Brand new, unused Canon LP-E6 battery plate for the Small HD DP6.
      Price: 20 EUR + shipping (9 EUR to most countries)

Fotodiox Tough Mount Replacement Mount for Sony E-Mount cameras (2 available)
      Brand new, unused replacement mounts. Here's for more infos: https://fstoppers.com/diy/fixing-sonys-shaky-situation-first-impressions-fotodiox-tough-e-mount-42714
      Price: 30 EUR + shipping (9 EUR to most countries)

All the best,
      Olivier

• Blackmagic Video Assist 4K ( New )
      By mechanicalEYE
      I have a Blackmagic Video Assist 4k for sale.  It is in like new condition. ( pretty much new) as I opened the box,  turned it on, turned it off, and put back in the box. Still has screen protection film on the screen.
      Comes with all original contents. Will include 2 wasabi power batteries, and charger.
      Save a bit
      I'm looking to get 850.00 shipped with in the USA.

• El Hermano del Abuelo. BMPCC + Sigma 18-35mm
      By Santiago de la Rosa
      Hello guys, just to share a new shoot about my grandfather´s brother, based on photos and items of his time (1905-1930).
      He was a poet, writer, painter and a theater actor.
      Filmed with Blackmagic Pocket, Speedbooster MFT and Sigma 18-35mm and one shot with the Samsung NX500 (4K) and Samsung 16-50mm power zoom (03:16).
      It´s in spanish, written and narrated by my sister Carmen de la Rosa, starring my nephew Manuel de la Rosa and the rest made by myself
      I hope you like it!
    • First Blackmagic Ursa Mini footage?
      By DBounce
      Below is some footage I came across on YouTube. They calm this was shot on the Ursa Mini. Comments welcome...