Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lafilm

Ikonoskop A-Cam DII vs. Blackmagic Cinema Camera

10 posts in this topic

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras

Nope. Sounds wrong. I mean if you want to save space why go RAW in the first place. The Ikonskop claims to be Super 16mm size but actually it's smaller.

Ikonoskop sensor is about the same size as the Thomson Viper camera's sensor. Some pretty good looking films have been shot with it, being slightly larger so it's the same as super 16 would probably not make much of a difference.

Super 16mm      12.52 x 07.41 mm

Ikonoskop          10.6 X 6mm

It would make a difference and it isn't right to claim it as being Super 16mm sized.

That aside The guy was saying the Ikonoskop was better than a BMC because it had less resolution and was super 16mm sized. Both reasons are really an attempt at trying to jusify his purchase  as being better than a BMC an argument that is completely flawed..  

These terms are an approximation, APS-C is often referred to as Super 35 size, and they're not the exact same size either.

The projection aperture for Super16mm film is 11.76 by 7.08 mm, so the difference is not that big, and you can definitely use Super 16mm lenses.

Why would you project Super 16mm ? It was developed for blow up to 35mm.

I shoot on Super 16mm and have the footage transferred to edit in digital I certainly wouldnt be showing it on a projector.

I would agree with that statement.

A shame we cannot get more footage from the Ikonoskop.

Seems most people (especially in US) just do not have this cam.

That camera resolves a lot of detail.  Just wish vimeo didn't crush it so badly - 1) highlights, 2) banding, 3) magenta cast.  I hope those are all vimeo issues.

I agree.

Hopefully soon more Ikonoskop A-Cam Dll owner/operators will release thier footage so we can answer those questions.

Would love to see a narrative feature or serious 10 minute + short film (narrative) and really see what the Ikonoskop can do.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Alpicat
      Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but have been following it for a while.
      I'd like to share some music videos I shot for an electronic music album I wrote and just released. They were all filmed on the Blackmagic pocket cinema camera. The videos are essentially camera tests, but I tried to capture the mood of the music when putting it all together.
      I used the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 and 55-200mm f3.5-5.6 lens with a Metabones speed booster (Nikon mount), and also the Panasonic Lumix 14-42mm kit lens and Olympus 9mm bodycap lens for the 4th video here. Editing and colour was done on Davinci Resolve 12.5
      ASGAT (raw) 

Story of Photon (raw) 

Themis I (raw) 

Parallax Error  (Prores HQ) 

• By webrunner5
      Blackmagic 4k video assist is going to add a ton of good stuff to it. Might be a great buy for the money now.
      https://www.dpreview.com/news/8519969651/blackmagic-designs-promises-scopes-for-4k-video-assist-monitor-recorder

• By Adi
      Hi everyone,
      I'm selling some of the gear I gathered in the last 2 years, everything is in excellent condition used only a few times while some items were never used. I have pictures for everything so if you're interested drop me a line and I'll share them with you. Some but not all are uploaded here: https:[email protected]/

1. Marshall V-LCD71MD 3G 7" full HD monitor, excellent monitor with all the usual features (used on 2 shoots):  1600€
      2. Cinevate Atlas 30 slider with Manfrotto MVH502AH fluid head (used one time): 1100€
      3. Vocas shoulder rig with Zacuto Recoil handgrip kit (tornado + followfocus)+ an extra offset bracket + 3 x1kg Vocas weights, includes a pelicase (vocas used, zacuto recoil not used): 1500€ 
      4. DJI Phantom 2 V2 RTF Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal for GoPro, with 3 batteries, FPV monitor, extra set of props and props guard . This drone was modified by Kopterworks.com with rewired electronics, bunch of stuff for GPS and wireless transmission, it works very smooth with zero lag on the FVP monitor (used 2 times): 500€
      5. DJI Inspire 1 with 2 controllers, 3 extra batteries, second set of props and full set of 4 ND filters for the X3 camera (used one time): 1950€
      6. ACR-SYS (BeSteady) One Plus Expert Combo gimbal. I have 2 of these for sale including a hard peli case, they are basically new, I used them on two shoot days. This is a great gimbal for smaller to medium cameras, has a weight load limit of around 2.4kg. As I have tested a lot of gimbals including Movi M5 the BeSteady ones were the best in terms of stabilisation. Here are 2 tests I shot entirely on the gimbal with the Blackmagic 4k Production camera and no post stabilisation: https://vimeo.com/109260037/6ca7795cfc , https://vimeo.com/109163594/a8b4b65cb7   1800€ 
      7.  Easyrig Mini Strong, again I used this on 1 shoot, it's in excellent condition: 950€
      8. Aputure DEC Canon EF to SonyE mount adapter. This is a new item, never had a chance to use it: 370€
      9. Blackmagic 4k Production camera (EF mount) with Peli case plus a few accessories (dtap cables, v-mount batteries, and 4 240Gb SSD): 2100€ 
      10. Sachtler Ace M tripod (used one time): 450€
      11. Some cheap but good photo lenses in excellent condition (Canon EF mount): Tamron 10-24 (250€), Smayang 14mm (250€)  and Tamron 90mm 2.8 macro (290€)

Cheers
      Adi
    • By andrew berekdar
      Hi everyone,
      I'm having a kit clearance. All in great condition, some items completely new.
      Get in touch if you're interested in the following:

Rode NTG2 with case, perfect condition (£150)
      Tecpro Felloni Daylight LED 1x1 panel with case and send (£500)
      Atomos Ninja Star prores recorder with CFast card UNUSED (£300)
      Tamron EF 70-300 with box (£200)
      Canon EFS 60mm macro with box  (£275)
      Canon EF 85mm 1.8 with box (£275)
      3 x CFL soft boxes with stands, 12 lamps and bag for the lot(£100)
      3 x Lowell CFL lamps for rifa / other soft boxes, used once (£45)
      Konova Slider with Master Pan unit (£375 for both)
      Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera, used once (£700)
      Lightcraft workshop Variable ND filter 77mm ( £50)
      Aputure VS3 Monitor (£150)
      Aputure Canon Lens Regain EF to MFT adapter and speedbooster USED ONCE (£400)
    • By rzxrey
      Looking to get a Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera. Great if it comes with a Cage+handle (preferably SmallRig). Let me know what you have and how much you want for it.

Thanks