Rapido Anamorphic Lens Adapter

Jim Chang

Hi, All, 

Over the years, I have collected many anamorphic projection lenses for my own video projects and experiment. But I have always been puzzled by adapting anamorphic projection lens to my taking lenses, even though I tried every type of adapter that I can buy, but I am still not fully satisfied. So I developed the Rapido Anamorphic Lens Adapter. Please check it out at www.rapidotechnology.com

Basically, the adapter offers:

1. a better concentric alignment
  2. a more stable connection
  3. a repeatable alignment: use the marker on the side of the inner ring for quick alignment 
  4. a reusable and more flexible solution: for different anamorphic lenses, just find the customized step-down ring, and connect to your existing Rapido Anamorphic Adapter, and you are done. No need different, some time hard to find adapter, for each of your anamorphic lens
  5. a simple and easy online instruction with illustrations, to show you how to adapt each anamorphic lens at: www.rapidotechnology.com

Even though I tried to include all the anamorphic lens that I can find, but I know there are still some are left out, please let me know if you have some anamorphic lens you like to adapt, I typically finish design/manufacturing in 2-3 weeks.

Hope you will like it. Thanks, :d

Jim Chang

Adapter-large.jpg

Group Pic.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi, All, 
Over the years, I have collected many anamorphic projection lenses for my own video projects and experiment. But I have always been puzzled by adapting anamorphic projection lens to my taking lenses, even though I tried every type of adapter that I can buy, but I am still not fully satisfied. So I developed the Rapido Anamorphic Lens Adapter. Please check it out at www.rapidotechnology.com

Basically, the adapter offers: 
1. a better concentric alignment
2. a more stable connection
3. a repeatable alignment: use the marker on the side of the inner ring for quick alignment 
4. a reusable and more flexible solution: for different anamorphic lenses, just find the customized step-down ring, and connect to your existing Rapido Anamorphic Adapter, and you are done. No need different, some time hard to find adapter, for each of your anamorphic lens
5. a simple and easy online instruction with illustrations, to show you how to adapt each anamorphic lens at: www.rapidotechnology.com
Even though I tried to include all the anamorphic lens that I can find, but I know there are still some are left out, please let me know if you have some anamorphic lens you like to adapt, I typically finish design/manufacturing in 2-3 weeks. 

Hope you will like it. Thanks, 

Jim ChangAdapter-large.thumb.jpg.ccc2f6c43c057484Group_Pic.thumb.jpg.15218445f0b4b7fae987

Actually looks kind of nice. But how do they really differ to a clamp from Vid-Atlantic or Redstan? At first glance looks more or less the same.

Difference to Vid-Atlantic: 

1: Better concentric alignment

2: No tightening mark on the anamorphic lens

3: Faster, quicker and more repeatable realignment, which means you can switch between your anamorphic lenses faster....and quicker....like a pro :)

Difference to Redstan: 

1: No need to have different adapter for different anamorphic lens, just use the same base adapter (M55-M67 version or M67-M77 version), and find the customized step-down rings, and you are done. I found this very helpful if I want to quickly change different lenses during shot. 

2: Cheaper solution, One base adapter plus customized step-down rings is much affordable comparing to customized adapter for each anamorphic lens  :D

Difference to Both Redstan & Vid-Atlantic: 

1: Easy to followed instruction with illustrations on how to adapt, see this for example: 

http://www.rapidotechnology.com/products-services/customized-step-up-down-rings/adapter-for-bolex-moller-lens/bolex-moller-anamorphot-16-32-1-5x

Hope now it clears. Thanks, 

Jim

More details on difference vs. Vid-Atlantic & Redstan

Difference to Vid-Atlantic: 

1: Better concentric alignment

2: No tightening mark on the anamorphic lens

3: Faster, quicker and more repeatable realignment, which means you can switch between your anamorphic lenses faster....and quicker....like a pro :)

Difference to Redstan: 

1: No need to have different adapter for different anamorphic lens, just use the same base adapter (M55-M67 version or M67-M77 version), and find the customized step-down rings, and you are done. I found this very helpful if I want to quickly change different lenses during shots. 

2: Cheaper solution, One base adapter plus customized step-down rings is much affordable comparing to customized adapter for each anamorphic lens  :D

Difference to Both Redstan & Vid-Atlantic: 

1: Easy to followed instruction with illustrations on how to adapt, see this for example: 

http://www.rapidotechnology.com/products-services/customized-step-up-down-rings/adapter-for-bolex-moller-lens/bolex-moller-anamorphot-16-32-1-5x

Hope now it clears. Thanks, 

Jim

I echo that sentiment, fantastic product!  And nice collection of anamorphics!

Hi, Bold, thanks, I spent quite $$$ on collecting those lenses, so I treasure them a lot...I am trying to get all the Iscorama lenses now...one is shipping from Germany now, it takes 4 weeks already, hope to get it sooner. :-)

Pretty nice product. Like the design too, though have to admit these look somewhat thin. Judging by pictures only Redstan looks more massive/study.

I think seeing real anamorphic lens attached to real taking less and cameras with these would help. I would personally like to see how isco animex and some c-mount lens work together. I see you have isco in your collection, so maybe some real life product shoot is possible?

Cheers.

Pretty nice product. Like the design too, though have to admit these look somewhat thin. Judging by pictures only Redstan looks more massive/study.

I think seeing real anamorphic lens attached to real taking less and cameras with these would help. I would personally like to see how isco animex and some c-mount lens work together. I see you have isco in your collection, so maybe some real life product shoot is possible?

Cheers.

Here is the picture of a Isco lens connected through the adapter, 

http://www.rapidotechnology.com/products-services/customized-step-up-down-rings/adapter-for-isco-lens/isco-iscomorphot-16-2x

I do have plan to post pictures & videos, to show the entire package of cameras, taking lens, adapter and anamorphic lens for each setup, and comparison of lens performance and character in a controlled environment. Stay tuned. 

In terms of the strength of the adapter, I will show you some design data, or maybe FEA analysis result later. From my personal experience, I never had a broken adapter happened, even under many shoot & run situations. 

Thanks again for the comments. 

Cheers