GH4 4K MOV/MP4 to MPEG-2

Sanjimaster

As i see my PC does not handle the 4K GH4 very well when i import them straight into Premiere CC 2014.Alot of frames are droping even without any colour correction applied.What i want to know is what can i do to fix that problem.I already had the preview monitor on 1/4 of the quality.By the way i only have a 1tb hard drive.Is there any way to work with the 4k of the gh4?.The only thing i found was a decoder that made the large 4k files  small mpeg2 files.I had no problems at all with those.My question is,is there any quality loss?I dont know exactly if i see any big differences between the two files.Every information would help me and would be appreciated.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If you are using Apple, I would definitely transcode to ProRes 422, that codec works very fast with Premiere (and other NLEs) and at the same time doesn't loose you quality when transcoding.

I am not 100% up to date on Windows codec systems. DNxHD is a good ProRes alternative but if I remember correctly it doesn't support QuadHD/4K resolution.

Another option would be to work with proxy files (like the small mpeg2 files you already created) and relink to the original files once your project is complete and ready for export.