So I just bought an Iscomorphot 8 / 2x

vivah8

Thanks. I recall reading reading that autofocus worked on the LA7200 and can't see why it wouldn't work on these focus through lenses.

Try using autofocus, it might work.

The problem that you'll find with one of these focus through lenses (Iscomorphot S8/x2 or Isco Widescreen 2000) is that you'll have to stop down to be able to focus properly & even then it won't be as sharp as keeping to the adaptors base/optimum/recommended focus point (4m for the S8/x2 & 5m for the WS 2000).

So all of this combined, might not be v.easy for your cameras autofocus to function properly & you might find that your camera ends up in a spiral of death constant search for optimum sharpness. Also, its not really recommended to use autofocus, manual gives you proper control.

But let us know, it'll be interesting to see some results. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Try using autofocus, it might work.

The problem that you'll find with one of these focus through lenses (Iscomorphot S8/x2 or Isco Widescreen 2000) is that you'll have to stop down to be able to focus properly & even then it won't be as sharp as keeping to the adaptors base/optimum/recommended focus point (4m for the S8/x2 & 5m for the WS 2000).

So all of this combined, might not be v.easy for your cameras autofocus to function properly & you might find that your camera ends up in a spiral of death constant search for optimum sharpness. Also, its not really recommended to use autofocus, manual gives you proper control.

But let us know, it'll be interesting to see some results. 

Don't have one of these lenses.

Just might work, but it's not something I've tested. None of my lenses have autofocus!

Thread hijack haha...my question about a wider taking lens without extreme vigneron get is still on the table! Thanks!

Waste of time autofocus!

Think you're going to have to just test it out yourself - come on buy another lens, you know you want to!

Waste of time autofocus!

Think you're going to have to just test it out yourself - come on buy another lens, you know you want to!

I absolutely want to, I just need the right one hahaha. Got my eye on the canon FD 20mm right now, but in trying to do a little more digging