Short Anamorphic Music Doc

Bioskop.Inc

Pretty much the final edit for this short music doc - if you see anything that just sticks out like a sore thumb, please say (after a while you just stop seeing things).

Thanks for watching or commenting...

All shot on BMPCC (ProRes - Film)

Mir 24M (35mm f2) + RJ Focal Reducer + Iscorama 54 + Hoya UV/IR cut filter + various diopters

Mir 24M (35mm f2) + RJ Focal Reducer + Isco Widescreen 2000 + Hoya UV/IR cut filter + various diopters

Tokina 28-70 AT-X Pro + Iscorama 54 + Hoya UV/IR cut filter + various diopters

Nikon 24mm f2.8 + Iscorama + diopters

Meyer Gorlitz Lydith 30mm f3.5

PW: stu

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Nice images and feeling, but in my opinnion it could be shorter quite easily and it would back it up even better short story! :)

So I would cut the graphic elements (which are nicely animated) a lot quicker. Fasten up those like two times. There is not much text so those can be read easily. Speech could start already during these animated graphics (the comment about Briston) and the actual thing could start from the topic "how did I start in the business". And that topic should start around 30-45sec imo. Then it would be way more compact and effective start!

Now the actual story begins at 2:40 which is quite a bit of waiting... And if you feel like you don't want to lose all those b/w images cut in the beginnig because of shortening the beginnig use those during the beginnig of story. You can easily cut to those from the studio images mix&match those.

Well just my thoughts but wanted to share those. Keep up the good work! :)

Nice images and feeling, but in my opinnion it could be shorter quite easily and it would back it up even better short story! :)

So I would cut the graphic elements (which are nicely animated) a lot quicker. Fasten up those like two times. There is not much text so those can be read easily. Speech could start already during these animated graphics (the comment about Briston) and the actual thing could start from the topic "how did I start in the business". And that topic should start around 30-45sec imo. Then it would be way more compact and effective start!

Now the actual story begins at 2:40 which is quite a bit of waiting... And if you feel like you don't want to lose all those b/w images cut in the beginnig because of shortening the beginnig use those during the beginnig of story. You can easily cut to those from the studio images mix&match those.

Well just my thoughts but wanted to share those. Keep up the good work! :)

Cheers Teemu, thanks for your comments. You've made some very good points all round & I did have a faster version of titles, which i was told was too quick - he wanted to highlight the music & his story in equal amounts, so there you go.

I had also started the voice over parts a lot earlier, over lapping the titles, but it didn't really work.

There's so much compromise when dealing with a band - its 3 mins longer than what i originally intended/wanted. There was 5hrs of footage (not all useable), 3hrs of interview (most of it rambling nonsense) & he changed his mind about what he wanted from the doc a few times (I still have hair, but barely).

But the client [nearly] always knows best & certainly gets what they want - they be the ones that are paying.

Thanks for watching & your comments

Cheers Teemu, thanks for your comments. You've made some very good points all round & I did have a faster version of titles, which i was told was too quick - he wanted to highlight the music & his story in equal amounts, so there you go.

I had also started the voice over parts a lot earlier, over lapping the titles, but it didn't really work.

There's so much compromise when dealing with a band - its 3 mins longer than what i originally intended/wanted. There was 5hrs of footage (not all useable), 3hrs of interview (most of it rambling nonsense) & he changed his mind about what he wanted from the doc a few times (I still have hair, but barely).

But the client [nearly] always knows best & certainly gets what they want - they be the ones that are paying.

Thanks for watching & your comments

Sounds familiar a bit too familiar actually... But I tried to be as responsive and "first tuch" sharing as I could if you know what I mean.

I still hope you can share these and other comments "outside of the circle" to your client after you gather some. That is only possible way to get some true comments because you and your client are too much into that project anyway. Hard to be true for it anymore.

I can believe that you had totally diffrrent version of the video before, as you said "client is always right" as long as they are willing to pay us :d 

Sounds familiar a bit too familiar actually... But I tried to be as responsive and "first tuch" sharing as I could if you know what I mean.

I still hope you can share these and other comments "outside of the circle" to your client after you gather some. That is only possible way to get some true comments because you and your client are too much into that project anyway. Hard to be true for it anymore.

I can believe that you had totally diffrrent version of the video before, as you said "client is always right" as long as they are willing to pay us :d 

Don't get me wrong, your comments were spot on & were exactly my thoughts/misgivings - it should be a lot lot shorter.

It is nice that people do take the time to comment.

But hey, they've got to get people to watch it, not me & if they're happy...