Roleback BMPCC

enny

Hi guys how do i rollback my BMPCC reason i am doing this is that raw was removed now only option is pro res. BM is saying that Yes, we've switched over and uncompressed RAW is no longer available. Why did we do it? Because there is no different in quality. It's a lossless compression so you end up with a smaller file size but no change the quality of the files. There is no disadvantage. is there relly no difference in raw and pro res they also head pro res HQ you think they would use HQ

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

They mean there's no difference between the old uncompressed raw and the new losslessly-compressed raw. Of course there is a big difference between ProRes and raw.

I think BMPCC did not have full uncompressed raw losslessly-compressed raw correct me of i am wrong. I know they head pores and pro res HQ i thought they would keep HQ

• Super Members

I think BMPCC did not have full uncompressed raw losslessly-compressed raw correct me of i am wrong. I know they head pores and pro res HQ i thought they would keep HQ

That is correct. The BMPCC has always had lossless Raw. Never totally uncompressed.

That statemet btw is about the 2.5k BMCC.

Are you sure about loosing raw, because I have never heard about it before?

• Super Members

I don't know what firmware I'm on but I have raw, Prores HQ and frame guides.  All work as advertised.

I haven't been updating religiously because the BMPCC doesn't get anything new with the latest firmwares.  Never had an issue of features suddenly going missing.

Always update. It is confirmed that they have added unofficial bug fixes in firmwares before.

And yes, in a firmware that stated no changes on that particular model.

Hi guys how do i rollback my BMPCC reason i am doing this is that raw was removed now only option is pro res. BM is saying that Yes, we've switched over and uncompressed RAW is no longer available. Why did we do it? Because there is no different in quality. It's a lossless compression so you end up with a smaller file size but no change the quality of the files. There is no disadvantage. is there relly no difference in raw and pro res they also head pro res HQ you think they would use HQ

There are two possible sources for your problem: (As said, uncompressed RAW was never available on the Pocket - for good reasons. So it seems that you simply cannot record RAW anymore.)

1. You are trying to use a different SD card than the Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 Mb/s. No other card (really: no other card) can record raw on this camera. This includes all other Sandisk cards - the Extreme, the Extreme Plus and the Ultra; and even the Extreme Pro 280 Mb/s U3 card. None of them will work for raw recording. The same is true for all SD cards by other manufacturers (Sony, Lexar...) that state a 95Mb/s or higher speed. They won't work either. Always stick to Blackmagic's list of approved SD cards: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/au/support/faq/43083
  2. You have used an ancient version of the Blackmagic Camera Utility, for example, from the CD-ROM that came with your camera, to update your firmware. If you did this, than you actually downgraded your firmware - maybe to an ancient version from the times where the BM Pocket was fresh on the market and did not yet support raw recording. A common (and easy) mistake is to think that the Camera Utility will simply download and install the latest firmware. This is not the case - the Camera Utility includes the firmware and can only install the particular version that is hard-coded into it. Therefore you always need to download and install the latest version of the Camera Utility to install the latest version of the firmware. Instructions are here: https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28413

There are two possible sources for your problem: (As said, uncompressed RAW was never available on the Pocket - for good reasons. So it seems that you simply cannot record RAW anymore.)

1. You are trying to use a different SD card than the Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 Mb/s. No other card (really: no other card) can record raw on this camera. This includes all other Sandisk cards - the Extreme, the Extreme Plus and the Ultra; and even the Extreme Pro 280 Mb/s U3 card. None of them will work for raw recording. The same is true for all SD cards by other manufacturers (Sony, Lexar...) that state a 95Mb/s or higher speed. They won't work either. Always stick to Blackmagic's list of approved SD cards: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/au/support/faq/43083
  2. You have used an ancient version of the Blackmagic Camera Utility, for example, from the CD-ROM that came with your camera, to update your firmware. If you did this, than you actually downgraded your firmware - maybe to an ancient version from the times where the BM Pocket was fresh on the market and did not yet support raw recording. A common (and easy) mistake is to think that the Camera Utility will simply download and install the latest firmware. This is not the case - the Camera Utility includes the firmware and can only install the particular version that is hard-coded into it. Therefore you always need to download and install the latest version of the Camera Utility to install the latest version of the firmware. Instructions are here: https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28413

BINGO

thanKS GUYS

As I recal the bmpcc doesnt come with any CD. My bmcc and bmpc did, but not the bmpcc.

my did no cd but memory card i did the update with memory card thinking it will update from BM website automatically but it was the old version and on that one interface looks nice and  new