Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Battery life of GH3 battery?

0 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anybody know how long the 'package' battery of the GH3 lives - how many hours when filming?

The xtra battery grip is rather expensive so.... 

Thanxs for the effort!

Posted

I just filmed my friend's daughter's recital.  Hour and a half straight and still 3 bars.  GH2 I would be well into the 2nd battery.  Nice that the new battery is almost the same size as the 5d's battery.  I have two pre-ordered with B&H anyway, should be here by Monday.

Posted

Hour and a half straight and still 3 bars is great! But I don't understand why you'd get such short time with the GH2. I can shoot or over 2 hours straight without the battery dying on me.

Posted

The batteries never lasted over an hour.  At 45min mark I'm always at 1 bar, flashing after another 5 min.  I used the GH2 with the GH3 last night, had to change the battery mid-way.  It's why I have 4 batteries for each of my GH2's. So far so good for the GH3!!

Posted

Are these batteries sold separate? I can't find them on the internet - how much will they be?

Posted

They're $79.95 from B&H.  In stock!  The battery code is Panasonic DMW-BLF19.

[url="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=panasonic++DMW-BLF19&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search="]http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=panasonic++DMW-BLF19&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=[/url]

Mine are coming in Monday.  I've also read from other GH3 users that the battery lasts 4 hours, takes 3 hours to charge.  I'll find out more with more of my tests this weekend.

Posted

I shot for almost 3 hours and still 3 bars.  New battery is awesome!  Now I wish I only bought 1 extra.  Oh well good to have extras.

Posted

Thank you all and especially Nahua!