PluralEyes/DualEyes and MTS files

Fly-Catchers

I have just got myself a free copy of PluralEyes/DualEyes 2, which will eventually include the windows version 3 when it is released. As I don't have a suitable NLE I am using the DualEyes. I have two questions. Firstly as it stands it cannot extract audio from the MTS files. Will installing the AC3Filter sort  that out and does that filter impact any other areas of a Windows 7 system?

The main video I want to sync is shorter that the better sound track I want to add. As my GH2 was unhacked I did the recording in 20 minute bites of the 90 minute concert. The standalone audio is complete and therefore has bits of sound in it not filmed. I was intending adding cutaways etc to make up these gaps and keeping the new audio intact- is that possible and in what order should I sync the clips? Do them in 20 minute batches or put the whole lot together and do it in one go? Any hints and tips.  

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Yes. To synch one master sound track to four or five big chunks of video is so ridiculously easy in your NLE, you won't need PE/DE for that. As for the audio of the MTS, you can either delete it, put the level to zero, disable it or mix it in in some parts (depending on your NLE).

• 3 years later...